Temperature control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtking

Reaction score
Just bought a freezer that I am converting, because my kegerator went out, can I use the temperature controller on the freezer from the kegerator?! This should work right? Please let me know!

I just used the temperature controller, I did not replace the piece that is connected to the condenser, is that important?

Okay let me re phrase, I took my old temperature controller, from the fridge, factory pieces, and installed it to the freezer, just the knob portion and probe. The device that is connected to the condenser on the freezer is still the factory piece to the freezer, should I replace this?! ::confused:: lol

You shouldn't need to make any modifications whatsoever to the freezer. Not sure what you mean by the part that's connected to the condenser. Are you talking about the thermostat built in to the freezer? No need to change or mess with that.

Just plug the freezer in to your temp controller.

I keep saying temp controller, I do not have a temp controller, what I meant was the factory thermostat. ::noob::

So you're wondering if you can take the factory thermostat from the fridge and put that on the freezer? Boy, I have no idea - that's beyond my knowledge of freezers. I do know there is a thread here about adjusting the factory thermostat on a freezer to temperatures above freezing. I believe it's toward the top of DIY right now. Maybe check there.

If I am understanding the question, you removed the temp probe and the knob from the kegerator and put them on the freezer.. no this will not work. You hve to either switch the thermostat or hook it to a temp controller.

Back