Brewpastor's Draft Box Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Well, I have finally gotten a few coats of poly on my draft box and built a drip tray. I still want a few more coats on everything, but I am pleased with how this has turned out. I will be taking it to Denver for the Nationals and they are going to use it in the Hospitality Suite when we aren't using it for the Club Nite.

CIMG2218.jpg

CIMG2220.jpg

CIMG2221.jpg

CIMG2219.jpg

A beautiful job there BP. Some pics of the guts would be nice to see as well sometime.

I am absolutely floored by the workmanship there. Absolutely stellar job. DAMN, I wish I could be pulling a pint off of that next week!

olllllo said:
Am I the only one that sees this striking similarity?

Now you understand why I don't show you the insides of my ark, urr, I mean my draft box. You remember in Raiders when the Nazis open the box. I wouldn't be pretty...

The grate for the tray is a piece of ceiling light covering I found in a dumpster. I just cut it to size. Nothing is better then free!

Brewpastor said:
The grate for the tray is a piece of ceiling light covering I found in a dumpster. I just cut it to size. Nothing is better then free!

I thought it looked like a piece from a fluorescent light, mmmm... shinny things (ok it is prolly my bed time).

I have to agree, the addition of the two cask pumps flanking the taps looks completely amazing! Do you know what kind of beers they are going to feature in the Hospitality suite?

Alembic said:
I have to agree, the addition of the two cask pumps flanking the taps looks completely amazing! Do you know what kind of beers they are going to feature in the Hospitality suite?

No, different clubs will be playing host throughout the event. As long as it is good I am fine!

BP. I'd be more than happy to store that at my house for you. Trust me. I would NEVER let you forget it when you leave. :D

You are quite the craftsman. A very beautiful piece. :mug:

dang i thought i spent alot of money on beer brewing/kegging. you have 4 shirrons AND a Stout faucet + your own NEON SIGN!!!!

Brewpastor said:
Cheaper then a mistress and a whole lot less hassle!

I am going to tell my wife that this weekend when I buy more beer and brew equipment.

Beautiful work btw. I will be saving this pic as inspiration for my coffin box.

KwaiLo said:
I am going to tell my wife that this weekend when I buy more beer and brew equipment.

Beautiful work btw. I will be saving this pic as inspiration for my coffin box.

Is that the one your wife will be laying out in?

Please enlighten me on this thing of beauty! What are the things on the end of the ends? Beer engines??? For casks?? :confused:

Thanks!!

A beer engine is a simple pump, mostly utilized in British pubs, that is used to dispense draught beer. It consists of a cylinder, a handle and a length of tubing and beer is pulled out or pumped out of a cask instead of pushed out with CO2. It is a simple design, not really practicle, but still very cool to a beer geek. The beer is lightly carbonated and has a softer feel to it. Google "real ale" and you can find out as much as you will ever want to!

Every once in a while threads are worthy of resurrection. Now where is that Apricot Ale label...

Latest posts

Back