Geez. . .How many mistakes can one new guy make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stdwdh16

Reaction score
Last night I was preparing to brew my second batch when SWMBO "convinced" me that I should go to the grocery store with her. I had all my gear together and had already made up some sanitizing solution and was sanitizing my tools. We got home and it was late, so I just ate and went to bed, forgetting all about my equipment sanitizing. Today I get home from work and decide to brew that batch, but low and behold the iodophor had stained my bucket, spoon, air lock, and my tubing on my auto siphon. Will these stains have any affect on the quality/taste of my beer? I am a little worried, but not overly so because the iodophor was at the recommended strength, my contact time was just a lot long. I am brewing a pale ale. FWIW I only have one primary fermenter, so I brewed away and went with it. I also completed a cider experiment for SWMBO because she doesn't drink beer.

Its all ok, Just make time next time......Beer is not a matter of life, or death......It is waaay more important than that!!!!

You will be ok with what you did. Life gets in the way sometimes and then you brew a beer, get it carbed, and drink a tall cold pint of homebrew, and then realize what life is all about!!!

The iodophor stains will have no effect on the quality/taste of your beer. The stains will also fade with time.
Sounds line we're married to the same SWMBO (doesn't like beer, likes cider, and wants me to go shopping with her at the most inconvenient times), but I wouldn't want to change her.

-a.

Show her the equipment, tell her it's ruined and you have to buy new equipment, then use that money to buy other stuff. Anytime she bugs you to go shopping during brew time, point out, "you remember that one time you ruined all my equipment?"

Show her the equipment, tell her it's ruined and you have to buy new equipment, then use that money to buy other stuff. Anytime she bugs you to go shopping during brew time, point out, "you remember that one time you ruined all my equipment?"

LOL! That is a great idea. My only problem with that is that I would feel guilty. She has been extremely supportive of my brewing despite not liking beer and living in a cramped one bedroom apartment. But I will definitely keep that one in mind. Too bad my fermenter already has more beer in it.

You can guilt the SWMBO. FYI a small amount of iodine in the diet is necessary.

An enlarged thyroid gland, or goitre, isn't the only side effect of inadequate iodine in the diet. Other symptoms include dry skin, hair loss, fatigue and slowed reflexes.

SWMBO- She who must be obeyed. Who else would think that shopping is more important than beer?

Why should we tell a Drunkenfool?

Try a search. If you still can't find the answer, PM me with 10 possibilities, and I'll let you know.

-a.

Drunkenfool - of course you have your answer, but you really should do a search anyway - there are some hilarious interpretations all over this forum!

SWMBO- She who must be obeyed. Who else would think that shopping is more important than beer?

For shame! This should have been the start of a fun and fascinating game of SWMBO, but it wasn't. We really need to post the rules for this.

SWMBO - Salesmen Who Make Bogus Offers

She who hits you on the head with a frying pan causing stars and tweety birds to orbit your dazed head. swhyothwafpcsatbtoydh

I also noticed that when I put some IO star in a spray bottle that it stained the bottle over a days time.

The sooner you make all the mistakes, the quicker you learn which ones to worry about and avoid.

some mistakes can be devestating. Others are limited edition special releases.

The sooner you make all the mistakes, the quicker you learn which ones to worry about and avoid.

some mistakes can be devestating. Others are limited edition special releases.

I think I may make this quote my signature. Phenomenal.

Back