CO2 mini injector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbowler

Reaction score
http://www.williamsbrewing.com/BALL_LOCK_INJECTOR_P84C148.cfm
D37.JPG

Anyone have any thoughts or experience?

I want to get in to kegging, and the idea of this and a $15 Corny are VERY tempting.

the only draw back i can think of is that you can't regulate the pressure

seems like it might be OK for a first crack at kegging...

Those teeny little cartridges do not hold enough CO2 to properly carbonate a batch, or to even dispense a complete batch of pre-carbonated beer. They're meant as a temporary substitute so you don't have to cart around the normal bottle, regulator and hoses when you take keg away from home.

There's no free lunch.:(

They work great to dispense a 3 gallon keg at a picnic or party. I only need two cartridges to do a keg if I hit it with 20 lbs of CO2 before I leave.

There is no regulator, so you sqeeze the trigger valve for a one second burst and you've got dispensing. Like Yuri said, I would use a 5 lb. bottle for carbing it. It will come in handy later anyway for moving beer and sanitizer.

poop!

you guys are the best.

That's the second time you guys have stopped me from trying to go cheap...

Thanks again

pbowler said:
That's the second time you guys have stopped me from trying to go cheap...
Sometimes it's pay me now or pay me later. The little charger still works great for party dispensing.

Beer2Go-3.jpg

Beer2Go-1.jpg

I usually force carb with my regulator, but I've keg primed to carbonate and used my mini co2 thingy to dispense. Like others have said, they work great for parties.

Latest posts

Back