Secondary question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumtired

Reaction score
On Saturday I racked to the secondary (glass carboy) after being in the primary for a week. Airlock activity has been zero since day three. Had a taste at transfer time and it tasted fine. I looked in on the brew on Sunday and there appeared to be a few small white patches on the top. Looked yesterday and the number of patches had multiplied. Also I noticed yesterday a ring of very small bubbles along the edge where the brew meets the glass. In looking at the patches further, I can not determine if the patches are actually groups of these very small bubbles or something else. Since this is my first brew, is this something that I should be concerned about? I am brewing a Brewers Best American Cream Ale kit. Everything has been right on up to now.

As always, thanks for the help. :mug:

When you racked to secondary, you stirred the yeast back up into suspension. Obviously, they're finding something to eat that they missed last time.

Perfectly normal. Just let it go through its course and bottle in a couple weeks.

oxford brewer said:
Its just gas rising to the top and grouping together:p

RDWHAHB

I was hoping this was the case, :ban: but worried just the same. Thanks.

Nice thing about homebrew, if you're worried about the current batch, you just RDWHAHB!

david_42 said:
Nice thing about homebrew, if you're worried about the current batch, you just RDWHAHB!

It will have to store bought for now. I can RDWHAHB in a couple more weeks. :ban:

Back