Caribou Slobber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree this kit was great and I didn't modify anything. I may have split up the lme addition but I can't exactly remember. This beer is one of my favorites so far and I will definitely be brewing it again soon.

Ive brewed this three times and it is always a crowd pleaser. I do a full boil but other than that its true to the recipe.

I've made it twice. 1st was extract and I just brewed the all grain version last weekend. I added 1 lb of light brown sugar at flameout the first batch and it came out fantastic! Gave it a little kick up to 6.2% ABV. I did the same thing on my last batch as well, but scaled down the brown sugar just a bit since I now use Beersmith and could dial in exactly what I wanted to achieve. This time I added 10.4 oz of brown sugar 5 mins before flameout. This is my favorite brew so far.

It was the second batch I ever brewed. I enjoyed the beer, and it was quite similar to the Moose Drool from Big Sky Brewing Company, which is what it is trying to clone.

I made the extract version, and made no intentional changes. Being it was only my second batch, I am sure there were some things that I did that were not part of the instructions simply because I didn't know better.

I made the extract version before my current brew on tap and it was awesome as is!

I drank the entire corny in like a week and half with a small amount of help from my buddy who surprisingly liked it being he's more a wheat beer fan and hops sensitive. :drunk:

He's a fellow home brewer and he thought it had just the right amount of bitterness without being overpowering so the malt still shines.

I think you'll like it and it's on my list to make again for sure.

Back