Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jtkratzer said:
What does that have to do with California?

He's a UFA and will more than likely not be resigned. I wouldn't be surprised to see JvR traded for a d-man, someone like Luke Schenn, to replace him.

How's Joe Thornton working out this time around in the playoffs? Disappearing act again? Looks like it with 0 points and a -1 in 2 games. Over 25% drop in production from the regular season to the second season for Big Joe over his career.

You love to argue over petty ****. You a lawyer by trade?

You love to argue over petty ****. You a lawyer by trade?

No, but I argued with my mom a lot when I was a kid and she said I should be one. I just like to BS with folks about the game. You brought up Carle, and I'm assuming his stellar play in the post season, so I found someone to do the same with in your neck of the woods.

It's all in good fun, nothing personal.

:mug:

jtkratzer said:
No, but I argued with my mom a lot when I was a kid and she said I should be one. I just like to BS with folks about the game. You brought up Carle, and I'm assuming his stellar play in the post season, so I found someone to do the same with in your neck of the woods.

It's all in good fun, nothing personal.

:mug:

He was a former Shark player.

Great win, but it was marred by a lot of juvenile BS.

They took notes from Sunday's circus.

Speaking of which, Adams had his suspension for Game 4 upheld along with Bylsma's $10k fine.

Anyone hear anything about the hearings for Neal and Asham? I haven't seen any reports yet.

Speaking of which, Adams had his suspension for Game 4 upheld along with Bylsma's $10k fine.

Anyone hear anything about the hearings for Neal and Asham? I haven't seen any reports yet.

Last I heard, Neal has two separate hearings tomorrow and Asham was offered an in-person hearing, which means he's in some trouble. Probably at least five games.

Daniel Sedin cleared to skate in practice. I wonder how much pressure the doctors are under to clear him prematurely just to avoid total embarrassment. Even if he does end up playing game 4, it's going to be a serious uphill battle for the Canucks.

Last I heard, Neal has two separate hearings tomorrow and Asham was offered an in-person hearing, which means he's in some trouble. Probably at least five games.

Yeah, I misread that earlier today. I was thinking the hearings were today. We'll find out tomorrow...

Dave, JT got a point!

He was a former Shark player.

And soon to be a former-Flyer. He's somehow not been that bad based on his numbers with a pair of assists and a positive +/-, but he's been part of some bad goals against during the playoffs.

His 38 points was pretty decent for what he is. I'm wondering if they just let him walk or can get anything before July 1st.

562163930_medium.jpg

Another classy NHL "superstar".

I'm stuck in a crappy hotel that doesn't have versus/nbcsn. Anyone know where I can watch some hockey online?

562163930_medium.jpg

Another classy NHL "superstar".

I'm fine with it. For the number of superstars across music, film, and sports that were critical of President Bush, and no one made a fuss about it, we have one athlete who exercised his rights and there was a sh*t storm. Just another example of hypocrisy and double standards between the parties.

jtkratzer said:
I'm fine with it. For the number of superstars across music, film, and sports that were critical of President Bush, and no one made a fuss about it, we have one athlete who exercised his rights and there was a sh*t storm. Just another example of hypocrisy and double standards between the parties.

Couldn't agree more. Thomas didn't even say Obama was dumb, or a liar. He just said he didn't want to go to the white house. Shouldn't matter what party, why would that be a bad thing? Really a big deal about nothing.

Couldn't agree more. Thomas didn't even say Obama was dumb, or a liar. He just said he didn't want to go to the white house. Shouldn't matter what party, why would that be a bad thing? Really a big deal about nothing.

I don't remember exactly, but I don't think the dude every uttered Obama's name, just that he disagreed with the increasing size and power of the federal government and their increasing infringement of individual rights. That's not targeting a party or individual. Whatever...not interested in debating politics on top of Penguins fans.

:drunk:

punkrockdave said:
How so? He's been hitting hard but nothing cheap.

Really? The cross check to McDonalds back into the boards at the end if last period? The elbow to the back of Nichols head (who didn't even have the puck) in game 2? Those were 2 classless moves.

I hope he gets Polak'ed!!!

punkrockdave said:
Yeah and yer team is cleaner than the preachers sheets, get real.

Nope but the 3 cheapest, dirtiest plays in this series have all been sharks. Burns x 2, and Galliardi. Sharks don't usually play like that and didn't in game 1. I think it's frustration and inexperienced players (burns and Galliardi). Still no excuse for that though. Nice goal he got though.

Hey, we agree on something. One of the reasons I want Boston to beat Washington. (Another is Dale Hunter.)

So far one of my wild-ass predictions in our PM discussion has held true:
I think with all the WTF regarding Rangers/Senators displine outcomes, that:
- Asham will be out for at least the rest of the series, more likely the rest of the season (in the unlikely event they rally to win the series).
- Neal will be out for a few games (at least), effectively the rest of the series.
- Adams will get a 1 game suspension.

Any other predictions out there before tomorrow mornings hearings?

FreshZ said:
Nope but the 3 cheapest, dirtiest plays in this series have all been sharks. Burns x 2, and Galliardi. Sharks don't usually play like that and didn't in game 1. I think it's frustration and inexperienced players (burns and Galliardi). Still no excuse for that though. Nice goal he got though.

I've seen Nichol up close and he is no saint. That boy likes to stir up a hornets nest. Up to the Sharks (Burns) to pay no attention to him.

punkrockdave said:
Murray just took a stupid penalty against Nichol which cost us another goal.

Yea but it wasn't a dirty penalty. He is my 2nd favorite sharks d man. First is vlassic of course;)

I tell ya the Sharks aren't playing hockey right now. Not sure what the he!! they are playing. Done in 5 I guess, too bad we have Niemi for a couple more seasons. At least I have home brew I can cry in. Lol

copyright1997 said:
So far one of my wild-ass predictions in our PM discussion has held true:

Any other predictions out there before tomorrow mornings hearings?

Wasn't the 1 game for Adams automatic, but could be rescinded by the league? They could have, but I thought that one game was on the table before the game was over based on how his penalty was called.

And the Rags and Bruins both won tonight. I was hoping for opposite results.

I tell ya the Sharks aren't playing hockey right now. Not sure what the he!! they are playing. Done in 5 I guess, too bad we have Niemi for a couple more seasons. At least I have home brew I can cry in. Lol

Despair seems to running rampant with Sharks fans right now. Couple of my buddies are whining like banshies. C'mon, there's plenty of hockey left.

Maybe it's just the manifestation of season after season of disappointment?

arturo7 said:
Despair seems to running rampant with Sharks fans right now. Couple of my buddies are whining like banshies. C'mon, there's plenty of hockey left.

Maybe it's just the manifestation of season after season of disappointment?

The only thing that is left is a sorry ass team. Vlassic was not in position on the PK. Another undisciplined penalty at the end of the 2nd. Top line hasn't done squat. Should I go on? As a life long Red Six Dan I know when a team is done. Oh and look at this PP, horrible.

punkrockdave said:
Red Sox fan.....WTF I hate smart phones some days.

Well what's the deal with Valentine throwing Youkilis under the bus? That seemed crappy.

Hope you're right bout the sharks. As a life long blues fan, I know nothing but disappointment.

Back