$20 pump whirlpooler build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeering

Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and decided to give this guy a try PUMP

Its high temp, says its perfect for food operation, but low output ~0.25gal/min so that would take approx 20 min to pump a 5 gallon batch, however im using it as a whirlpooler for mashing and cooling to help keep temp consistent during mashing and cool quicker with an IC, so it should be fine.

I will post my results as they come, doing a batch thursday but probably wont have it all built by then so will have to wait till the following week.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have that pump, and can tell you its not going to work unfortunately. it has nearly zero power.

i use it to agitate the water in my 1gallon herms pot. even the convection currents from the heating element are much stronger than the pump. it helps slightly for what i use it for, but forget about trying to whirlpool anything with it though.

1L/minute is "at best", and only when the planets align. flow rate is probably closer to 0.25 - 0.5 liters a minute with any type of head pressure.

well its already ordered, so well see how well it does, im just trying to move the liquid around to create an even temp in the water

i have that pump, and can tell you its not going to work unfortunately. it has nearly zero power.

i use it to agitate the water in my 1gallon herms pot. even the convection currents from the heating element are much stronger than the pump. it helps slightly for what i use it for, but forget about trying to whirlpool anything with it though.

1L/minute is "at best", and only when the planets align. flow rate is probably closer to 0.25 - 0.5 liters a minute with any type of head pressure.

what voltage supply are you using?

Back