Newcastle Werewolf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DregAddict

Reaction score
I picked up a twelve pack of Newcastle Werewolf over the weekend and gave it a shot. I've always been a Newcastle fan, and I liked this new beer also. They call it a blood red ale. I could definitely taste roasted barley. I'm guessing that this is some sort of limited release also. Anybody else tried it, or seen it in their local stores yet?

No but I have seen their "summer ale" 12-packs. I've yet to try one though.

DREG!!! DREG!!!! Where did you get it?! Please tell me it's a chain that you'd find in Reno as well as Vegas! The SWMBO and I love the Summer Ale and are up for anything out of Newcastle.

Does Total Wine have it? I know they have them in Henderson and Summerlin too!

never even heard of it. i didn't like the summer ale, but this one sounds right up my alley.

Reno, I picked it up at Von's of all places. I was at total wine on friday and I didn't see it there.

Ooooooh man, Von's.... used to go there every week with my mom when she did grocery shopping. There are none up here, though... guess it's a Vegas/S. Cali thing. Triple coupons, mo-fo!

But anyway, the search is on for Werewolf... gonna call a bunch of places today.

It's going to be available through the fall, so I assume it'll be pretty easy to find at most grocery stores and liquor stores.

DregAddict - which Vons? I am close to the one on Windmill and Bermuda.

I can't wait to try it. Report back if you find it elsewhere.

yeah I tried it. I'd rather have a regular Newcastle. It was tasteless, thin and bland. I could hardly pick out any flavors at all.

Glad mine was a freebie from my neighbor.

Wow - I must have been lucky. Like I said, I had it on draught and it had an awesome caramel kick to it. Almost like a Saranac Caramel Porter but without all the sweetness. I might have to go find a six pack now to compare.

going to revive an old thread here-...

i just recently got hooked on the newcastle werewolf-... is it possible someone can put together a clone recipe for a novice extract brewer? i would love to have a year round stash for when the local grocery store runs out.

Newcastle Werewolf is one of my new favorites. I've had other red ales but this one is top notch in my book. I'm even planning on trying to brew a clone of it soon.

anyone have any recipes for it? Give this beer a shot. It's good

I first found it at 7 Eleven actually. They had a deal going on and I snagged up a 6 pack. Before that Safeway only had it in like 12 and I didn't want to go all out for the unknown

I picked up a case of this a couple of months ago. Great beer, and the best part......Brown Bottles, so it wasn't skunked like probably 25% of the Brown I've had. They really need to fix that clear bottle thing. I expect better from a brand like that, unless they think they are a craft'ish gateway for all the Corona drinkers.

I picked up a case of this a couple of months ago. Great beer, and the best part......Brown Bottles, so it wasn't skunked like probably 25% of the Brown I've had. They really need to fix that clear bottle thing. I expect better from a brand like that, unless they think they are a craft'ish gateway for all the Corona drinkers.

The Brown was my gateway into beer that wasn't yellow. Only ever sold in cans here, but I don't think it's carried in our LC's anymore.

Had this at the Flying Saucer on fire sale for $3. A steal of a deal.

I found it to be malty sweet and nutty with a touch of fruitiness. A very easy to drink beer.

I didn't think that serious beer drinkers liked Newcastle...

If you like sugar so much, why don't you just drink coke?

Is it made with real werewolf matts???? sorry to be a bummer.... Drank a lot of brewery crafts in my day and this one is just sitting on my coffetable, staring me down, getting flat. I love darks, caramels and bitters. But this one I have to just say no to.... Who knows, I got it In a build a sixer from a giant cooler so it might be old or somethin. But i wont try it again unless encouraged to.

Back