BJ's Brewhouse - Kissimmee, FL - Rye Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASantiago

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes the Rye IPA or Pale Ale they are currently serving at the BJ's Restaurant in Kissimmee, FL?

The bartenders couldn't tell me. :confused:

Small Hijack* Dude, you're in Orlando? I live in Kissimmee! *

Thread resumed*

I have no clue, and personally, although I really like BJ's, I haven't been there in quite a while.

Small Hijack* Dude, you're in Orlando? I live in Kissimmee! *

Thread resumed*

I have no clue, and personally, although I really like BJ's, I haven't been there in quite a while.

*Re-hijack*

NP with the hijack. Quite welcomed, actually.

I live in Orange Co., but right next to The Loop. So I'm basically in Kissimmee myself.

I know a few brewers in the Kissimmee area. Plus there's the Central Florida Home Brewers club, which you should check out if you haven't yet. The next event will be "Brew in the Park".

*Thread Resumed*

I'm just gonna have to go to BJ's (not that far) and push for an answer. No one could tell me when I went last time or over the phone. I understand each restaurant can pick it's own "guest tap" (the Millenia Mall location just up the street doesn't have it!).

I suspect it's a Terrapin brew. Someone said it's from Athens...

What the heck, I have to go to Michael's in the same area to get some more mason jars for my yeast harvesting anyway, so I might as well...

Well, let me answer my own question: it's Terrapin's Rye Pale. I'm drinking it right now. :)

I have a clone-ish batch of Terrapin's Rye Pale Ale in a corny sitting on an ounce of Amarillo right now...but I've never even had the real thing. EricCSU's 'Can You Brew It' database has the recipe. I'm in Oviedo so it's a really long drive over there.

I am in CFHB though. I missed the BITP and that's really close (I'm just really lazy and hate driving).

I have a clone-ish batch of Terrapin's Rye Pale Ale in a corny sitting on an ounce of Amarillo right now...but I've never even had the real thing. EricCSU's 'Can You Brew It' database has the recipe. I'm in Oviedo so it's a really long drive over there.

I am in CFHB though. I missed the BITP and that's really close (I'm just really lazy and hate driving).

I went to BITP. It was my first and I found it very interesting. I've been with CFHB for 3 years.

You can get the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale at BJ's for sure. I was there a week or so ago and they have it. I'm sure you can buy it in the bottle at a decent beer vendor, too. Terrapin also has something called Rye Square or something along those lines. It's double everything.

Back