Staggered Shipping Dates for Swaps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Was thinking this morning about how when we do a swaps we normally only get beer from three other brewers and how to fix that. How about staggered shipping dates? You ship out one package, but don’t ship out the next until you receive your beer from your first swap partner. The chart below shows how six people could each do three shipments, but get beer from everyone. The letter represents the brewer. The number shows how many beers that you have after that stage of the swap. The brackets represent the beers that were sent to you. The line shows where they came from. You start out with six of your own brews and end up with one of yours and one from each swap member.

My head almost exploded trying to figure this out, but I’m sure that someone with computer skills could put a spread sheet or something together to make it simple. Or is it just too complicated . . . (or is it an old idea?)

I'm confused already... Do the people I send to end up sending my beer on in their packages as well?
Yeah, that's it. The first swap you send three of your beers to one guy. The second swap you send two of yours and two of the ones that you recieved to one guy. The third swap you send one of each from the four beers you just got to the last guy on your list.

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Really . . . it works. Just takes a little longer.

Back