5 gallon false Bottom in a 10 gallon cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Would it work, I mean for one brew session at least? Thing is, I am brewing a 5 gallon batch this weekend, and would like to double it up. I eventually will pick up the 10 gallon version, but theres no way I could get it by Saturday.

It should work right? I would be batch sparging so would it make that much of a diference? I would have what, about 2-3 inches on the outside not covered by the false bottom?

You could go to Home Cheapo and get a stainless braid tube and hook it up with a worm clamp too - but like the Chairman said, the small false bottom should work just fine for batch sparging.

- WW

:off: like 10 # of **** in a 5# bag:off:
Excuse me.
I think you'll be fine, maybe you won't need to get the 10gl version after all.
The guy who runs the LHBS has one he loaned to me it work fine.

G. Cretin said:
I think you'll be fine, maybe you won't need to get the 10gl version after all.
The guy who runs the LHBS has one he loaned to me it work fine.

I wish. My LHBS is the interweb, so no borrowing there. Im heading out to Home Depot to see if they have the 10 gallon coolers.

Chimone said:
I wish. My LHBS is the interweb, so no borrowing there. Im heading out to Home Depot to see if they have the 10 gallon coolers.
Believe me it will work perfectly, NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!:)

Chimone said:

Not sure how often you get up to Tucson but there is a Sportsmans Warehouse off of I-10 that sells 10g round coolers for $40. I haven't seen them anywhere else for less than $60 (when you do find them; most are 5'ers). FWIW.

Back