My first bottling day this weekend, any tips?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Bizzle

Reaction score
I'll be bottling this saturday.

My plan is use gelatin for fining tonight and bottle midday saturday.

I've watched the midwest vid and think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing, any little tips/tricks you guys have come up with that would be helpful?

I've watched the midwest vid and think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing, any little tips/tricks you guys have come up with that would be helpful?

if bottling indoors, I always use my dishwasher door in the lowered position as my bottling bench - any spills (which WILL happen) can just be cleaned up by simply closing the dishwasher door.

Also if I'm bottling by myself, I'll put beer in, put a cap loosely on, repeat & when I'm done, I'll cap them all at once.

Buy some swing tops.

I bought up about 5.5 gallons of irish ale type of beer in the liquor store that used swing tops. It was from a brewpub in the area.

Using them now for the second time. Hell of alot better then 12oz beer bottles. :mug:

Back