Simple brewing software

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierenliefhebber

Reaction score
To keep up my programming skills, I've written a program to calculate gravities and estimate final abv based on the ingredients. It works in either English or metric scales, and in SG units or degrees Plato. On a second page, it can also do hydrometer reading temperature corrections for hydrometers calibrated for either 15 or 20 deg C (60 or 68 F). I'd be happy to make this program, and/or the source code available to anyone who wants it. At this point, it should be considered beta software - there may yet be bugs I haven't discovered. It was written in Delphi Pascal and has been ported to Lazarus Pascal thus both a Windows and a Linux version is available. Below are screenshot of the two pages. If anybody is interested, please let me know and I can either email the program or send it via Dropbox.

screenshot1_zps735ac919.jpg

Screenshot2_zpsd44d80ea.jpg

This is great. I woulnt mind testing this. Im getting into brewing now only gave gone through 2 batches so this may be a great start for me

Thanks for the software! Just got notice on my phone. Excited to try on brew day. Thanks again. Ill let you know how it goes this weekend!

This looks great, same as above , pretty new to brewing , first all grain attempt coming up this weekend , I'd love to give this a try.

Thanks Bierenliefhebber! Used it yesterday on my first specialty grain brew and it worked perfectly to estimate og! Hit it right on to. Thanks again. Works great. Anyone should give it a try if your new or not!

Mike, I'm mighty pleased to hear that you like it and that it's given you good results. I've found it's usually spot-on, thanks to the use of Papazian's extract efficiencies that he gives in "Joy of Homebrewing", that are incorporated into the program. In my experience, the calculated gravity has never been off by more than .002 (knock on wood).

Eric, if you'll send me a private message with your email address, I'll be happy to email you a copy.

I think I've managed to contact everybody who requested and recieved a copy of BrewCalc and to provide them with an updated copy, but if not, there is a bug-fix version available. The hydrometer temperature correction on the second page was giving incorrect values. The lastest (fixed) version is 2.1.0.1. This version has also been reworked internally to give greater accuracy.

Back