Single-tier SS Brew Stand Complete (Pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghart999

Reaction score
Here's the new stand. Went with 1.5" x 16 gauge tube. I had a friend weld it as I want not interested in tackling such a project, especially it being stainless.

The three burners (SQ-14s) are all mounted to a single bar which can raise and lower via the threaded rod and wingnuts.

Must have the mandatory water filter mounted on as well.

Here are the burners. The heat shields are made from an old corney I had laying around. The shields are spot welded to the frame.

Here's some shots of the shine and welds. Not perfect but purdy enough for me.

The gas manifold is built into the frame to avoid an unsightly external black iron pipe manifold.

This goes to the 100 gallon propane tank.

I also created some heat shields for the thermos and spigots to prevent burning from flames. Kudos to BobbyM for the design.

A shot of the new mash paddle...

All the whole stand fits underneath my work bench too.

One sight glass is the same material that BobbyM uses. The other is chemflor.

Of course I used Bobby's stickers for both.

Just a friggin fantastic build. The effort and thought into it is bar none. Great build man just great.

Great build and Pics. The single bar for all the burners is a great idea! How did you actually attach the burners, I am unable to tell from the pictures.

The burners have a single bolt in the middle. What I did was make a hole bigger enough for the bolt only. Then the bottom part of the bar has a wider hole drilled that is big enough to accept my racket piece to then tighten the bolt from underneath. Kind of a pain in the butt to get it done but it should never have to move again.

Thanks for all the compilments.

What did you use for the clips on your heat shields? I have some thin stainless for the shields, but I'm having trouble locating the clips.
Beautiful build!

Man, that thing is spectacular!

Wondering about the two middle risers - they look like they're only welded on the outside face?
brewstand19.jpg

Cheers!

Ever find out where he bought hose clips at??

What did you use for the clips on your heat shields? I have some thin stainless for the shields, but I'm having trouble locating the clips.
Beautiful build!

Back