Maryland HBT.com Meetup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I must... but I gotta say, we should have our obligatory 1 beer at DuClaw's, then roll over to Max's Taphouse... MUCH better, tons of beers, very nice.

What time are people planning to go? And how shall we identify one another?

Cap'n Jewbeard said:
I think I must... but I gotta say, we should have our obligatory 1 beer at DuClaw's, then roll over to Max's Taphouse... MUCH better, tons of beers, very nice.

What time are people planning to go? And how shall we identify one another?

Depends on how good this beer is. Victory has a wiezenbock that tastes like you're drinking straight from Bavaria.

I was planning on getting in around 7-7:30. As I mentioned back in an (edited) post 1, I'll be the guy wearing the orange hat.

I also PM'd dude my cell phone #. Let me know if you want it as well.

Ah, very good- I'll be in a Mets hat and a Hawaiian shirt.

Hey- here's a thought...

Want to bring some beers, and we'll do a swap at the close of the evening's festivities? I yearn to try some other homebrews...

Yearn!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, sounds like a plan.

I'll bring a bunch to put in the car, and we can swap in the garage or something.

I wish my saison was done :/

Sounds good. I just bottled a Barleywine today, so I'll bring it but you'll have to let it sit a month or so.

I've got a porter, maybe that Sweet Potato beer... I'll figure it out. :)

Dude missed another meetup and another Duclaw release...

Anywho, decent night. Mayhem is pretty good, although I think Victory Moonglow is better.

Can't wait to try Cap'n brews.

Cap -- here's the key to figuring out all the unlabled beer:

S - Sorachi Saison
I - Mutt Brew IPA (fizzes up but head/carb disappears fast)
R - Irish Red (started as a Smithwicks clone, tastes nothing like it)
Purple Stripe - Raspberry/BlueBerry/MarionBerry Saison.

OK, had a chance to crack into some brews, and here's what I've got so far:

Berry Saison: Very Nice! Just a bit of tartness and berry aroma, with a striking red/purple color , cloudy to remind you it's a Saison. Very tasty, very popular with my friends.

Sorachi Saison: Never had Sorachi hops before, so I don't know particularly what flavor/aroma to look for. However, the brew is crisp and refreshing (I drank it while/after doing some very strenuous gardening to honor its farmhouse nature), with perhaps a... like... reminiscence of the sourness that Belgians sometimes have. I liked it a lot.

Mutt IPA: Not so much "pale", but the hop/malt balance is very good. Drinking it nice and cold, and enjoying the hell out of it. What hops are in there? I might add a bit more aroma hopping next time, but it's possible that my nose is not working well tonight (that happens during pollen time).

Thanks so much man, a great set of brews. I'll try the Red later tonight.

Hey Cap! Thanks for the review.

I had Cap's Lithuanian Porter thus far, and am still waiting to attempt the Sweet Tater Ale.

The Lithuanian porter was a great color, although the head faded fairly fast. It had a great light toasty taste, very similar to a Yuengling Porter, but thinner and a bit dryer. All in all, very satisfying. I'm a big fan of porter, and would love to try some of the Ebony and Ivory if you have any.

Speaking of which, we're brewing on Sunday if you're interested in coming by and having some brews and brewing out with us. Let me know.

Ah, normally I'd love to, but I've got to be back in Jersey this weekend - my bud's dad is turning 65, plus it's their annual BBQ. It's a big deal for back home, I suppose.:)

Anyway, I'll catch you sooner or later.

I'm disappointed I missed out on this, I took an unintentional sabbatical from the internet for the past month.

Back