Priming 4 gallons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefencore

Reaction score
Tastybrew.com calculated 2 oz corn sugar for 4 gallons of American pale ale- does that sound low to anyone else?

Yes, that's about 1/2 what you need. One ounce per gallons is better. I wonder if your temperature on the calculator was low? I understand that happens with the calculators.

My temp as been a steady 68 for two weeks. I did notice if I manually entered CO2 level(albeit the same level as bjcp style guidelines I had selected) it went up to 3.9 oz.
My next batch will have been at 62F degrees while fermenting- how will that effect how I carb?
Nice avatar- quite a change from the last, a softer side maybe?

My temp as been a steady 68 for two weeks. I did notice if I manually entered CO2 level(albeit the same level as bjcp style guidelines I had selected) it went up to 3.9 oz.
My next batch will have been at 62F degrees while fermenting- how will that effect how I carb?
Nice avatar- quite a change from the last, a softer side maybe?

Well, the avatar is just because. My grandson really didn't get into the whole "rabbit ear" picture, and I thought it was funny.

Those calculators take fermentation temperature into account, but I would ignore it, or at least put in the highest temperature the beer reached in the fermenter and not the fermentation/storage/etc temperature. That will help.

I've found for most American style beers, I like using 1 ounce of priming sugar per gallon.

Back