Brewer's Best Oktober Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lroog

Reaction score
It says the kit can be brewed like an ale. Anyone have any experience with this particular kit?

It was a gift, so I think I'm going to try is anyway but I wanted some of your thoughts.

Thanks.

:mug:

I did that kit about 5 years ago, I believe. I used nottingham ale yeast, and fermented it at about 64 degrees, maybe a bit less. It was pretty darn good!

I brewed that kit as an ale in January, it turned out great. I used the dry yeast that came with it.:rockin:

It was the first brew I ever made. The beer was great and I made it again. I went all-grain, so I haven't made it in awhile but I have been thinking of making it again.

Thanks everyone, I think i'll give it a go.

Just did that one myself back at the end of July. I also used the provided yeast but I did do the "proper" Lager fermentation. It's beer, it'll turn out delicious. It'll probably actually have more flavor and character as an ale!

Back