Accidental masterpiece last night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuggles

Reaction score
So I am reduced to watching my once proud Seminole football team play on December 27th in the Emerald Bowl. (FSU 44 UCLA 27 by the way). Well I have a huge 30 ounce Seminole mug that I drink beer out of while watching their games when at home. My wife makes a run to the kitchen and politely asks if I want anything - of course I do - so she grabs my empty mug and I tell her to put two beers in it (otherwise the huge mug just looks silly). So she brings it to me and I taste it - fantastic but slightly different from the mug of Titan IPA that I had in the first quarter. I ask her what she poured and she said - "two beers". So I went into the kitchen and there was one of my bottles of Stone and another Titan IPA right next to it in the trash - both cold. Well - these two became fast friends in my mug. I am not one to mix beers in the mug (other than the classics - black and tan, etc....) but this was a tastebud sensation.

I'd take the Stone over the Titan, but you can't really go wrong with either of those... I thought it was going to be something like a stout and a hefeweizen or something :D

the_bird said:
I'd take the Stone over the Titan, but you can't really go wrong with either of those... I thought it was going to be something like a stout and a hefeweizen or something :D
Yeah - Titan has been my favorite IPA for a while now and I just recently received my order of Stone. Hard to pick a favorite now - suffice it to say that Stone lived up to the hype which is always difficult. The stout and the hefeweizen thing I would not put past my wife - she likes beer but is primarily a wine elitist. She will throw down a few brews during a football game though.:rockin:

I gotta say, there is a brewery here where you can order a "kind-crippler", a mix of there Colorado Kind and XXX Pale Ale, perfect blend of hoppiness and drop you on your azz strong beer...one of my favorites.

moral: you get interesting results when you mix beers, they do it with wine and whiskey, why not beer?

Fuggles said:
So I went into the kitchen and there was one of my bottles of Stone and another Titan IPA right next to it in the trash - both cold.
What kind of wife throws the bottles in the trash? Doesn't she know bottles are for future homebrew! :p

Brewsmith said:
What kind of wife throws the bottles in the trash? Doesn't she know bottles are for future homebrew! :p
That is a tough issue with her. I am allowed to keep the big 22 oz'ers stored neatly in their boxes in the hall closet. I used to save too many (even I can admit that) and it caused ripples in the domestic tranquility. Now with two kids and toys creeping into every quarter of our house - I only keep the "officially sanctioned" homebrew bottles.

Back