Illinois Gathering for Hockey.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ize

Reaction score
Anyone interested in getting some of the Illinois HBT clan (or any from outside the land of beans and corn) together in Peoria for a Rivermen game after the 1st of the year?

Link to their site with their schedule.

http://www.rivermen.net/

It might be an interesting way to obliterate the holidays from your memory. (Of course there is beer for that) OR wish for Spring depending on the date chosen... :drunk:

Lemme know what you guys think.

Ize

These guys were here in Albany last week. The River Rats beat them down I think:rockin: Don't watch much hockey but I like the minor league stuff better than the pros.

I've been wanting to head down that way sometime to catch a game when the Milwaukee Admirals visit. Or head up here Jan 27, you can hit the Sprecher or Lakefront tours if they run after 5 PM. It's odd, both of their Saturday games here are 1:30.

If you hang outside the dorms at Bradley, you can usually score some free tickets. At least we used to back in the day.

I liked Rivermen games...fun stuff. And I LOVE getting down to P-Town.

Cheesefood said:
And I LOVE getting down to P-Town.

If you were in Massachusetts, I would *so* be mocking you for that statement right now. Anybody else in the Commonwealth find that statement humorous?

Used to go out to the Cape alot back when I was younger. Always was a good day trip up to Ptown to watch the flamers on display. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

Cheesefood said:
If you hang outside the dorms at Bradley, you can usually score some free tickets. At least we used to back in the day.

I liked Rivermen games...fun stuff. And I LOVE getting down to P-Town.

And they're friggin cheap... $17.50 for lower bowl? That's ridiculous... It's been a few years since I've been, but I think it could be fun. Brews at Sully's might have to be an option...

Ize

Ize said:
And they're friggin cheap... $17.50 for lower bowl? That's ridiculous... It's been a few years since I've been, but I think it could be fun. Brews at Sully's might have to be an option...

Ize

Mmmm...Sulley's... Been a while since I've been there!

Hey, what's the name of the place in West Peoria that has the Nose Running, Forehead Sweating, Eye Popping hot wings? I've been unable to remember the name.

You should pubcrawl to Jimmy's for some Long Island Iced Teas.

Cheesefood said:
Hey, what's the name of the place in West Peoria that has the Nose Running, Forehead Sweating, Eye Popping hot wings? I've been unable to remember the name.

Might have to wait for Biermann to jump online. I haven't the foggiest...

Ize

Ize said:
Might have to wait for Biermann to jump online. I haven't the foggiest...

Ize

HOLY CRAP, you guys have been talking about my town. . . .and I've been completely ignorant of this. :drunk:

Well, I'd love to get some of you IL guys down here to P-town, go to a Rivermen game (after all, they are AAA now), and hit the town afterward. . .

Sully's isn't bad, but I recommend Kelleher's or the Hofbrau for the GOOD beer.

Bar Louie's is a new place, and they have Delerium Tremens on tap. . (or used to).

And Cheese, I used to live in West Peoria, and I'm not sure what wing place you're talking about. I never frequented the places much over there. . .

oh, and by the way, the Lucky Lady burned down the other day. I'm not sure how much damage total they suffered, but I think it was substantial.

Let me know.... I love minor league Hockey, and am a Rivermen Fan.

That's what makes you the Peoria connection. :rockin: I was just throwing out ideas built around a hockey game. I'm more than open to suggestions on where to drink and eat. If enough people are interested let's talk some dates. I for one will do an overnighter, mainly because I'd rather just sleep instead of doing an hour and a half drive. I'd rather crash than crash thanks. Methinks it would be an outstanding time tho.

Ize

Biermann said:
And Cheese, I used to live in West Peoria, and I'm not sure what wing place you're talking about. I never frequented the places much over there. . .

oh, and by the way, the Lucky Lady burned down the other day. I'm not sure how much damage total they suffered, but I think it was substantial.

I'll have to build up to asking permission to go. The wife knows my love of Big Als and Club Cabaret (and no trip to Peoria would be complete without a visit at these places). It would have to be an overnight trip for me, especially if I'm drinking anything.

Probably not, but then again, MAYBE.

Biermann said:
If its any consolation to her, I actually have NEVER been to Big Als or Club Cabaret as long as I've lived here. (SWMBO keeps a little bit of a leash on me).

There's something fundamentally wrong with that. ;) :D

It's been ages since I've been to Al's and I've never been to Club Cabaret. Mind you that's only because I haven't been partying in Peoria in ages. I have buddies in St. Louis that would come up every January and we'd drive up and check out the Rivermen and everyting else in river city. That's been a few years ago tho. I don't have a problem with checking out Al's and CC, or not if that's the case. Just trying to put together a gathering.

And for the record the better Gentlemens' Clubs are down on the Illinois side of the border down by St. Louis. :rockin:

Ize

Biermann said:
If its any consolation to her, I actually have NEVER been to Big Als or Club Cabaret as long as I've lived here. (SWMBO keeps a little bit of a leash on me).

I used to be a bellhop at the Pere Marquette, so I got free admission into both of those places. Life was grand. Plus, going there on amateur night meant getting to see some of my classmates bare it all. Good times. Good times.

I have a coworker who works/worked at Al's. She's since had a family, so I'm unsure as to her employment. . .lots of my residents and coworkers who had seen her on the stage found it hard to work with her and look her straight in the eye if you know what I mean. :D

Back