Heading to Kansas City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boulevard Brewery - although you are very unlikely to get on a tour since they take reservations and are typically reserved several weeks in advance.

75th Street Brewery is pretty good, give them a try.

Have fun!

Take a 45 min. trip to Lawrence. Free state brewery the best brewery around KC area, ad astra or copperhead ale very good beers. Weston, MO just 20 min north is a nice little town and has a decent brewery.

How about the Yard House? A chain of restaurants. "Largest selection of draft beer in the world". I don't know if it is true but it is HUGE. I had the chance to go to the one in Phoenix and loved it. Haven't been to KC yet but it is in my plans.

Boo, go to a local place. I went to yard house twice and then didn't find anything I haven't had elsewhere. It would be like going to italy and eating at olive garden if you go to chains rather than local breweries.
BTW yard house is just expensive mediocre food. When it first opened it was decent food, then it went downhill, at least in KC.

You could also hit up the brand new power and light district in downtown KC. A bunch of bars, some have decent selections. College BB museum across the street in the sprint center.

Back