need to spice up a bland heffe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatawnt2b

Reaction score
So I brewed a heffe with wb-06 and it is awfully bland. I am wanting to spice this up a bit, but am unsure the exact approach to take. The keg is chilled and fully carbed. I was thinking of adding a bag of coriander seed and clove into the keg. The question is how much.

I had thought 1/2 oz of corriander may be the right amount, but I really have no idea on the clove.

Thoughts?
-J

What was your recipe and fermentation temps? Can't imagine a Hefe being too bland. I would only add a gram of spices at a time, then test before adding more...

You could leave it in the keg and blend it with another beer.

Depending on how subtle the banana-clove aromas are, you could add it to almost anything.

It was a lemongrass heffe, so I took my standard heffe recipe 60/40 & hallertau hops, but omitted the coriander and orange peel. Added lemongrass extract in the keg. There is really no yeast profile at all due to the WB-06.

-J

Back