Sam Adams Non-carbonated Beer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
take a pot of coffee, a bottle of aunt jemima's, a half-pint of bourbon, and enough corn starch to make it a gravy, and - although I wouldn't drink it- it's not TOO far off.

on a more serious note, yes, it's a good slice of beer.

but the utopia clone thread is about a side by side taset test winner.

ah, but why is it NOT carbonated, to begin with?

Is it because that it tastes so good carbonation is not a factor.

Is it because of the high alcohol level?

If so, why would carbonation enhance the lack of taste and alcohol level???

Just a thought--I dunno the answers one way or t'other...

Maybe carbonation is just an option everyone assumes to be mandatory--Southern Comfort does taste great to me uncarbonated!
(I prefer the 80 proof to the 100, though...)

ah, but why is it NOT carbonated, to begin with?

Is it because that it tastes so good carbonation is not a factor.

Is it because of the high alcohol level?

If so, why would carbonation enhance the lack of taste and alcohol level???

The folks at Sam Adams know how to force carbonate if they wanted to. Lack of carbonation is deliberate.

"The folks at Sam Adams know how to force carbonate if they wanted to. Lack of carbonation is deliberate."

THAT alone should tell us something!

The old story about the limeys not liking their beer cold....I have found myself, the last few years, that some beers just taste better at a higher temperature, and, of course, just letting them sit in a glass till they get to room temp it loses much of its fizzyness--may have much to do w/the taste...

Its not carbonated for the same reason liquor is not carbonated. The high alcohol breaks up bubbles and prevents a nice head from forming

Back