My brewing season has come to an end....shed tear

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had to bring in my coil due to the cold, and as I was moving around my fermenters and stuff I was thinking of one last extract kit before the season ended. All my fermenters were occupied. Even my keg fermenters. I have 4 batches at various states, two high gravity, which should cover me through winter. And I know my wife will get me a kit for Christmas.

The only way I can brew is if I buy another carboy or bucket and I'm broke. I guess I've done enough work to get ahead and should simply be able to enjoy my pipeline.

The '09 season was sluggish for awhile, and I even began to forgot how to enjoy brewing, but thankfully a couple good batches brought me back.

Here's to a good '09 season!!

Prosit!

Yeah winter is the bulk of my brewing season. I have 12 fermenters and 3 cornies ready and willing to take my deliciousness and make it beer.

I was thinking I could put a lager in a keg and ferment outside, but the temps are already too cold in Buffalo.

No winter brewing for ya? Im excited this will be my first winter brewing outside!

The absolute worst brewing experience I had was last December. I'm doing two batches Sunday, another batch or two (depending on how partigyling goes) on Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day, and then I'm done til February or March.

I wish I had 12 fermenters, along with a place to put them. I am currently waiting for fermenters to become available again, but that's going to happen pretty soon. I've got two fermenters that will be available for sure in the next week or so, and maybe can squeeze another one or two into the rotation depending on how things go.

Brewing season!!?? Hell, I will be brewing this winter. Sure, it is a nuisance when anything wet immediately ices itself to the work surface. It is a nuisance that I have to drain all the hoses to make sure they will not get plugged up with ice....But a season for brewing!!?? Never!!! Not in MY fooking lifetime! :)

Open the garage door a little, leave dog door open, and fire those burners up! I really enjoy winter brewing. Hard to keep the hoses de-iced, but I fill an extra bucket (or two) for sparge water, then bring the hose in until chilling time.

I'm def with the majority here...Brewing season is going into full swing right now for me. My only concern is using my IC over the winter. I brew outside & the landlord shuts the hose line off because it's all piped outdoors. Oh well I'll either run a line from the kitchen sink out the window or just do it the old fashion way!

Yeah the summer temps are too hot here, I learned that the hard way when I went home from school and left 4 fermenters full to return to the most appley beer I have ever tested. Undrinkable to me, but I gave the 20 gallons away to some of my BMC drinking friends for free and they think its good. IDK what their deal is. Now I just got a bunch of fermenters and plan to stock my pipeline now.

I think I may brew more in the winter. The summer is just more busy but then again with all the football that is on it is hard to brew on Sundays for sure.

I think I may brew more in the winter. The summer is just more busy but then again with all the football that is on it is hard to brew on Sundays for sure.

1+ on the busy summers.

I'm just starting up again now that camping season is over.

1St. one back in the pot next weekend.

She almost certainly went pee pee in it. No thanks.

Ahhh..... Pee is sterile, unlike homebrew. It's the poo you gotta watch out for! ;)

I brewed during the super bowl last year!

Thats a cool idea but I could have never completed the brew as I was having a heart attack continuously throughout the game. Glad my Steelers won though! :mug:

I don't know what you guys are talking about. It's just starting to get nice and warm. Oh, what's that? You live north of the equator? Huh.

Seriously though, when my brewing equipment and I are in the same hemisphere, it is always brewing season. Sure, I'll make more saisons and belgians in the summer, but temp changes just mean more or less comfortable brew days, faster/slower chilling, easier/harder ferm temp control.

Back