Brewpastor's House CAP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BC hops are more of that rich fruit, like currents, as I remember. Not as rich as raisins, but more of that then citrus IMO.

Sauer malt does some ph adjustment, but not much at the level I am using it. I don't pick up any real sourness from it in the beer, but I think it does help dry/cut the beer a bit. I could be just talking out of my butt, however, that is my sense of the malt. I use it in my light lagers most of the time now. Not a classic grain, but useful none-the-less.

Ok, checked my notes. I got a pretty good lemon flavor in a 1.040 OG lager with 6 gm SA - FWH, 12 gm Tet @ 20, and 6 gm SA @ 5 min.

My Std Amer. lager (1.046 OG) has no easily detectable lemon and has 13 gm SA - FWH and 4 gm Goldings @ 20 min. and 3 gm Goldings plus 2 gm SA at 5 min.

This suggests it was the 6 gm @ 5 min that gave the good lemon flavor

I know Zoebisch has used Bramblings Cross in a beer and he said it had a huge fruity flavor

Brewpastor, how close is this recipe to, say, a Desert Pils?? :D

I'm going to modify a chest freezer and try my first successful lager here in a few weeks. I was thinking about a czech pilsner, but it would be nice to do something similar to the local flavor. Maybe I'll make ten gallons of this and add some homegrown green chiles to a couple gallons in the fall....

Back