Okay, message received I guess. Time to move on.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
Well it is a useless thread and I actually find it pretty annoying myself. So whatever, but I am starting to wonder what else I have posted is being censored deleted rearranged...

I love this place and it is the only forum I contribute to. I would like to think I have something to offer here. However I guess I have never really felt like I click here. Not thick skinned enough I know. So, whomever you are, I get it loud and clear. Time for me to "bugger off'. I am not thick skinned, I am also not completely thick headed.

Happy brewing.

:mug:

Well it is a useless thread and I actually find it pretty annoying myself. So whatever, but I am starting to wonder what else I have posted is being censored deleted rearranged...

I love this place and it is the only forum I contribute to. I would like to think I have something to offer here. However I guess I have never really felt like I click here. Not thick skinned enough I know. So, whomever you are, I get it loud and clear. Time for me to "bugger off'. I am not thick skinned, I am also not completely thick headed.

Happy brewing.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I love having you here, love swapping beer with you, and enjoy being your friend here.

I also don't know what you mean about "censored, deleted, and rearranged", and if that was going on, I should have known about it.

You definitely have plenty to offer and I'm very concerned that you feel you are getting any vibes to the contrary. PM me and explain, please!

Not sure what happened there, but if I highlight the blank box on your first post, I can see the text.

I am thoroughly confused.

Me too, just say something nostalgic and reassuring, and include the word "man" or "dude" or "bro". Something like that.

As I am too. :confused:
All I know is that I don't want you to go anywhere! :tank:

Some **** was going on in that so called "useless" thread that seems to do nothing but piss just about everyone off. No one has said who was doing it or why. No one knows if it was intended to be a joke or to actually get a point across.

Dude, don't leave. I don't know what's going on, I'm thankfully out of the loop with all that stuff. I haven't posted in that thread; honestly, it's completely not your fault but that thread became a mindless, random, circle-jerk that I think should have been closed a while ago. I have no idea why anyone would be "censoring" it now; seems like it's got to be a mistake... right?

In fact the post that was outined in his OP.... leaves me lost too.

Maybe he is just trying to confuse.

Not sure what got edited but PM sent to both OP and Moderator.

The title of the thread was edited down.

I wish vB has a Wiki style Edit function so I could see that.

What was it originally? Was it something like;

"Dammit! I am in charge of you ****ers"

??

I changed it back. I haven't heard back but I assume the Moderator did it since it had ****ers in the title but I'm not sure yet. That's the NSFW forum so I agree censorship of profanities in that forum isn't needed.

I'll put a Policy in place that any thread that gets closed/deleted is accompanied by a message of why and if a thread/post is edited then a PM is sent to the poster on why.

yeah, i noticed that too.
all of a sudden it was different...hmm.

Obama signed another presidential decree?

I'll put a Policy in place that any thread that gets closed/deleted is accompanied by a message of why and if a thread/post is edited then a PM is sent to the poster on why.

Well sadly the mods don't always do that. I've gotten pm's from noobs looking for my "of Patience and bottle conditioning" post (#101) from the "stone Cold Noob advice thread....evidently some mod decided to delete that post without so much as a pm explaining why...which kind of hurt considering I put a heck of a lot of time writing it, and that me linking people to that thread actually kept the thread from going into obscurity, it got people to look at the rest of the thread....In fact for awhile I was the only one posting to that thread as well as referring people to it.

I haven't pressed the issue as to why it was deleted, I just referred people to my copy of it in the blog....But still if there's a policy of informing someone as to why something was summarily axed, it would be nice it it were adhered to...especially since it seemed that that post answered a lot of questions as to why their beer wasn't carbed yet.

And evidently people seeing it mentioned in old threads (like by using search) are clicking on the old link only to find it gone.

Heck even Biermuncher has referred noobs to it...and I was flattered to see that...

I've modded on a couple boards, and we HAD to make a notice if we did something...

Looking at the Moderator logs the amount of edits/closes/deletes is really, really minimal so I don't see any abuse at all. Most of it's Spam as well.

I've never told Moderators to do that so from here on I will. If you ever have a problem with a Moderator or a Moderator action please send me a PM. I'd be happy to look into it. Could been a mistake or a misunderstanding, etc. I just need a heads up.

Like I said I didn't want to press the issue, I think we have some of the greatest mods on any boards I've been on...I've not come across anyone one of them that I haven't felt close to and genuinely liked, or was at least helpful with something. I just was a little taken aback by it...I would have like to have been told why beforehand....like I said, it seemed to help a lot of people, and it got them to a really good thread.

You can head South and make beer with me anytime Zym.
I won't judge you, I'll just take your corks and cages while you are sleeping.;)

I love this place and it is the only forum I contribute to. I would like to think I have something to offer here.
Zym Your contrabution is far greater than you think!!! I mean come on we are all just a bunch of brewers that like to give each other a bunch of $#!T. You know why? Because we all feel like were friends, and that is what friends do, FK w/ each other.
If you must go and just dont feel like you fit in here (you do!), please know this....... You'll be missed!
Cheers
(did I spell all that right?)
JJ

Yes, there are some deleted posts in this thread. newbrewerJ, multiple accounts, specifically those created for the intent of "stirring the pot," will not be tolerated.

We DO NOT ban users for posting "goodbye letters." Everyone involved in that situation (including the banned member) has resolved to get past it. Please see to it that you do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back