LabelPeelers.com 25% off coupon - through Monday 8/6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is shipping like for you guys? 25% could be awesome, but if I place a big order the shipping could be huge. I may be better off with a retailer with flat-rate. What have your experiences been?

What is shipping like for you guys? 25% could be awesome, but if I place a big order the shipping could be huge. I may be better off with a retailer with flat-rate. What have your experiences been?

Yes, unfortunately that was a problem for me. Great price on wine kits- but the shipping was $50 for two kits which negated any savings for me. I wish I was closer, and I'd do in-store pickup!

I compared these prices to bellsbeer.com and after shipping, bellsbeer.com was cheaper. I just ordered a 6 gallon Better Bottle to use as a secondary along with my 6.5 gallon glass carboy for my primary :ban:

EDIT: for comparison purposes, I bought my Better Bottle from Bells for $27.74 with shipping (no sales, no coupons, promotions, etc...)
labelpeelers.com had their Better Bottle for $35.30 with the promotion and $41.36 without the promotion. I chose wisely.

That being said, labelpeelers.com has a damn impressive selection of brewing equipment. I'll be checking them out another time for sure.

Agree, shipping could be the downside. For me, getting only the one kit, LP's 25% off was considerably cheaper than the others I checked (NB, AHS, & Midwest). It's interesting how (kit) prices vary between vendors. Gotta stay on your toes!

The shipping was the deal breaker for me. I'm in Tennessee, so I expected something coming from Ohio would be a little cheaper or about the same as something being shipped from Michigan...was I ever wrong. Most companies will tack on a percent to the shipping cost, but labelpeelers are adding on a bit too much.

The shipping was the deal breaker for me. I'm in Tennessee, so I expected something coming from Ohio would be a little cheaper or about the same as something being shipped from Michigan...was I ever wrong. Most companies will tack on a percent to the shipping cost, but labelpeelers are adding on a bit too much.

LOL! Yeah, they make up for it somehow. Shipping for me, to central Oklahoma was 29.99, and with the discount, my kit was 108.45, for a total of 138.74. In this instance Austin Homebrew Supply had the cheapest shipping for the kit I ordered (4.99 for orders over a hundred bucks), but the highest price for the kit, 163.99. Northern Brewer had the highest shipping, 31.09, and next highest price for the kit, 156.99. Shipping to Tenn shouldn't have hurt more than shipping to OK, go figure...

I know shipping can be tough, but I know they're not bumping up the shipping cost much if at all, it's actual FedEx costs involved here for the weight. As their online sales increase, I think they'll eventually be able to get better shipping deals or flat rate options.
Just my two cents.

The Better Bottle being shipped to me from Michigan is costing me just over $6 to ship down here. None of the LHBS stores around me carry them yet so I jumped on it. And again, that labelpeelers.com has a pretty immense selection of supplies. I'll probably buy something before that special ends.

Back