heading to tampa 3/24/12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Railroadhooch

Reaction score
Beer in tampa? Something i cannot get in illinois. Any good places to try?? somewhat kid friendly? Anyone want to rent me your boat for a day?

I don't know much about Tampa, but you might try "Wood-Fired Pizza" They have at least an "ok" beer selection and Pete Taylor makes a great pizza.

Evets said:
I don't know much about Tampa, but you might try "Wood-Fired Pizza" They have at least an "ok" beer selection and Pete Taylor makes a great pizza.

Yes,Cigar city is great. About 1.5hrs north in Gainesville is Swamp head brewery. Fantastic brews with great tasting room in the brewery

Thanks everyone I am going to hit both of them since I am driving down. Leaving Illinois Friday morning going to swamp Saturday and cigar Tuesday or Thursday can't wait! Favorite brew from those two places???

I highly recommend the humidor series IPA at Cigar City.

Their humidor series beers are aged on spanish cedar, which is a strongly spicey mahogany that will surprise you. Take my word for it. I love it. It has won a gold at GABF. They probably won't have it on tap, so buy a bottle.

It's one of my fave beers ever. Good luck and enjoy. If you go the brewery, ask for Wayne, he's the head brewer, one of the nicest guys you are likely to meet.

Back