Bayou Classic SS Brew Pots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorsemenRugby58

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if anybody has ever purchased or heard anything about the durability of the bayou classic brewpots. I don't need thermometers or valves coming out of my keg and I found the Bayou Classic to be really reasonably priced at $141.00. I don't want tp buy it if its going to bottom out after 3 brews though. Thoughts/Comments?

As with anything you ask us folks on the Internet, you'll get mixed reviews. Some will hate it some will love it.

I can tell you this, I have one and it works well for me. Some say the metal is too thin and scortches or will not hold temps. Personally, I haven't experienced either issue.

Just bought the 36 qt for my electric brewery. Looks good to me. It's a bit heavier than my 'economy' brewpot from AHS.

B

Keg's cheaper and can handle 10 gallon full boils. I think you'd be happy with the BC pot though.

I just purchased a Bayou Classic 44qt kettle. I've brewed with it once. Its a good quality pot. I love the fact that it has a threaded port. The port came with a cheap brass spigot but I replaced it with a 3 piece ball valve. The port was 1" NPT so I had to use a bushing to make a 1/2" ball valve work.

I wouldn't consider it a top of the line kettle but it is substantialy above average in quality. I'm satisfied with my purchase. Follow the link to my blog and there is a coupon code for 10% off your purchase from the supplier that I purchased from.http://rustbeltcraftbrewing.blogspot.com/2011/03/new-toys.html

I have been doing 10 gallon batches using the 62 quart Bayou Classic with SQ14 burner for the past couple of years with great results. It is a little thin, but I haven't had any issues with scorching.

On Amazon you can get the kettle for $120 and the burner for $50 with free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the port a female 1" coupling threaded through? It's hard to tell from the pics. Could you screw in bazooka from the inside?

I have a 36 qt and love it. I will buy the brand again. Nice lid as well. No scorching, ever, either with direct fire mash, or wort boil.

Latest posts

Back