"Beerfest" recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kypher

Reaction score
I was just recalling a scene in the movie Beerfest, when after brewing the "secret family recipe" beer, it was nigh heavenly when they drank it. Are there any clues in the movie that we might glean in order to reproduce one of Germany's finest beers?

From what I remember from the recipe in the movie, it only stated kilograms of malt and hops with no specifics. Given that the beer was a slight amber color, and that it was around Munich at Oktoberfest, I'd say it's an Oktoberfest beer.

during that scene when they made beer they threw in hops and grains at the same time into the kettle. it was funny. that movie is awesome. im still waiting for potfest

From what I remember from the recipe in the movie, it only stated kilograms of malt and hops with no specifics. Given that the beer was a slight amber color, and that it was around Munich at Oktoberfest, I'd say it's an Oktoberfest beer.

I agree, they hade the color spot on for a vienna lager. My fav. "standard" is

33,33,33% pils, vienna, munich
22 ibus hallertau @ 60min.
.5 oz. hallertau @ 15min.
WLP830

Beerfest is for beer drinkers what half baked is for potheads, an entertaining movie somewhat related to our hobby, though as inacurate and rediculous as it can be, its still hillarious and very enjoyable.

If i wanted to watch a factual movie about beer, id watch "american beer", if i wanted to watch a factual movie about marijuana id watch "botany of desire".

If i wanna laugh my ass off at some beer related comedy, id watch beerfest.

somepeople need to learn to look past the details and just laugh...

Damn. Talk about your all time disappointment.

Sorry bud. I hate to see you get brought down from your cloud and all, but that was pretend. It's just like all those folks trying to reproduce the beer they drank in Lord Of The Rings. That stuff didn't actually happen, beer drinking and all. Your just going to have to brew real beer and pretend it's fake. ;)

Well...given that it's an ancient family *german* recipe it's got to adhere to the purity law, so I would assume probably something in the neighborhood of a classic oktoberfest. maybe that's why it was so good, because it was a fresh homebrew. Remember your reaction to your first homebrew? Did you think, "I wanna freeze it and skate on it, then in the springtime it would thaw out and we can drink it!"? I did...

Back