Any differences between plastic buckets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dellis0709

Reaction score
I found alot of 6gallon plastic containers for cheap and was wondering if anyone knows the if there is a difference between the normal fermenting bucket and different shaped bucket if it would make a difference
5-gallon-stacking.203173742_std.jpg

They really should be <1> or <2> to use them. One of the brand names folks use are aquatainers.

The biggest issue with things that are opaque like that, and have lots of nooks and crannies is cleanliness and sanitization, after the first use, you really need to make sure there is no biomatter, such as trub left in those odd spaces.

A good hot soak with oxyclean will knock most of the stuff loose, and then a couple thorough rinsings.

You may want to get a dental mirror and a bendy flashlight to do visual inspections afterword, to make sure there is no biomatter left in that.

They are fine to use, but honestly I prefer something I can visual inspect, like a standard bucket or a clear carboy.

Latest posts

Back