Brewing with mineral water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordandemoss

Reaction score
Just had a quick though about using mineral water for brewing. Waters like San Peligrino have a very interesting and distinct taste and I thought it might be interesting to make a beer that reproduces the mineral flavor. Any thoughts?

Well beer is 95+% of the beer, Ive always heard that if its good to drink it will be good to brew, and have found this to be true in my brewing... The only way to know for sure is to try it out.

3sheetsEMJ said:
Well beer is 95+% of the beer, Ive always heard that if its good to drink it will be good to brew, and have found this to be true in my brewing... The only way to know for sure is to try it out.

I mean *water is 95% of the beer, sorry :/

5 gal of San Peligrino sounds expensive( $30 for 1 liter at wallmart). If you do it lets us know how it turns out.

I don't mean to buy that much peligrino and brew with it. What I meant is buying the minerals and adding it to the water. I looked in to it a little bit an the ingredients are available. Just curious if anyone else had done it.

Back