Anyone recognize this fitting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNatural

The Original, beware of imposters.
Reaction score
And know where to get some?
FIP inside and MIP outside.

inner.jpg

out.jpg

Probably either custom made, or externally modified from the original...

Here's something close that you could probably turn on a lathe... Although if you have a lathe, you could probably just make it yourself. Check with machine shops in your area to see if any recognize the fitting, or can give you a price on making how many you want.

Probably either custom made, or externally modified from the original...

Here's something close that you could probably turn on a lathe... Although if you have a lathe, you could probably just make it yourself. Check with machine shops in your area to see if any recognize the fitting, or can give you a price on making how many you want.
Thanks for the research:mug:
It's definitely custom.
Apparently, and pretty sweet.
I have no idea where you'd get one, other than the McMaster-Carr link posted....
but who did that weld?!? Pretty!
Semi-local dude on CL. About 2 hours away, but when I do the math, my fabrication buddy (who works for beer), but is a hog, makes me think paying the CL guy for fabbing my keggles may be cheaper than fulfilling my buddy's capacity for mass consumption of homebrew.
Looks familiar...

http://morebeer.com/view_product/84...w_Kettle_-_With_Ball_Valve_60_Quart_15_Gallon

Scroll down a little to see the "cutout" picture. These are the standard fitting on the ball valve port of MoreBeer!'s heavy duty kettle line. We don't currently offer them for sale unfortunately, but have discussed doing so in the past. Sorry for the bad news, but wanted to answer your question!

Cheers.

Thanks, I'd be down for half dozen if you get the product on line again.

I hope to have a lathe really soon. I'll see if I can replicate something close to that. PM me with the dimensions and such (a drawing would really help)... If nothing else it could give me a way to test out the lathe's capabilities. :D

Could be a modified "swage" nipple
products-screwed-swage-nipple.jpg

The wall thickness on these fittings is usually sufficient to tap a female thread

The pics dont match exactly but functionally the same.
Allows you to put a ball valve directly to kettle without needing nipple
Allows you to screw in tip tube or similiar to inner side of kettle.

Wow, feeling kind of stupid. Just got order from Brewer's Hardware last week and must have stared past that very item a dozen times.
No cookie, but if I make it across the pond next year, could be you'd get a pint;)

My thanks for all the other responses, and Golddiggie, good fortune with your lathe. Last time I borrowed a buddy's, I buggered so much stock it cost double what it would be buying off the rack.

Back