Friends like these...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
So I ran into a few friends at the start of my mountain bike ride today (it was the end of their ride for the day). First of all, f*ck 'em for not calling me to go riding with them. Second, those ****** bags had the nerve to drink TWO cans of Heady Topper each and then toss the empties into the bed of my truck! And just to rub a little salt into the wound, f*ckers left me a WARM can of Genesee!

Like the Dude said..."Friends like these, right Gary?"

Their side of this story:

"So, there's the is guy we've been avoiding for ages. We don't even call him to go riding. But he FINDS us anyway! Yeah, so then we toss **** beer at him, warm, hoping he takes the hint, but nope. There he is again."

:D

Their side of this story:

"So, there's the is guy we've been avoiding for ages. We don't even call him to go riding. But he FINDS us anyway! Yeah, so then we toss **** beer at him, warm, hoping he takes the hint, but nope. There he is again."

:D

I'm here getting drunk, and I was already thinking that!

You know I'm kidding, of course!

But I will say that Genessee isn't all that bad. Except warm. Warm, it's not good. But it's a good thirst quencher, and I've been known to put away a few cream ales myself.

You might think twice about those Genny Cream Ales if you've ever been to Roch-Cha-Cha and seen the Genessee river up close and personal. Used to live there, so no Genny for me...

So I ran into a few friends at the start of my mountain bike ride today (it was the end of their ride for the day). First of all, f*ck 'em for not calling me to go riding with them. Second, those ****** bags had the nerve to drink TWO cans of Heady Topper each and then toss the empties into the bed of my truck! And just to rub a little salt into the wound, f*ckers left me a WARM can of Genesee!

Like the Dude said..."Friends like these, right Gary?"

The fact that the dorks were riding mountain bikes should have been your first... Oh wait a minute, never mind.

Just kidding :mug:

You might think twice about those Genny Cream Ales if you've ever been to Roch-Cha-Cha and seen the Genessee river up close and personal. Used to live there, so no Genny for me...

Grew up there myself. I feel like I must have drank a thousand gallons of various Genny products in the 90's. Remember Genny Ice? How about Genny Red?

They're not friends if they're gunna act like that. I'd def have a few choice words with them. They must be dumped on.

Update on the "situation": One of the perp's cars was in the trailhead parking lot this afternoon. To my delight, the hatch was left unlocked, exposing a cooler loaded with ice and six Founder's Reds Ryes. What happened next came naturally. I took the six Founder's and replaced them with six baseball sized rocks. I'm on my third Red's Rye, and I'm waiting for a phone call or visit.:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Update on the "situation": One of the perp's cars was in the trailhead parking lot this afternoon. To my delight, the hatch was left unlocked, exposing a cooler loaded with ice and six Founder's Reds Ryes. What happened next came naturally. I took the six Founder's and replaced them with six baseball sized rocks. I'm on my third Red's Rye, and I'm waiting for a phone call or visit.:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Kaya, I'm in love with you.

You totally rock.

You did what I would have done.

I'm so proud of you.

(ps. these non-friends will hate your guts now. But I love you. So that should make you feel better. :mug:)

That is awesome!

Well played sir! I would give a hundred dollars to see their faces when they see those rocks.

Personally, I would have just traded out the Founder's for a 6er of Milwaukee's Best or maybe some Icehouse. That's like a $.02 tip to a crappy waiter. $.02 says a lot more than stiffing them. Same thing would apply for abhorring beer.

Thanks for all the encouragement!

24 hours later, and I have yet to hear from "Bill". Meanwhile, I drank 5 of the Founders last night over the course of 3 hours. I'm saving one to sneak back into the cooler when we all meet on Friday for a ride...

As an aside, damn is Red's Rye a delicious beer. I might actually have to buy some in the future!

As an aside, damn is Red's Rye a delicious beer. I might actually have to buy some in the future!

Red's Rye PA is one of the only commercial beers I still buy regularly, and is hands down my favorite beer, period. There's just something special about it.

Oh, and good on you for fing with those idiots. They deserve what they get.

Back