Brewing starting @ 3:30AM Arizona time...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I get off of work at 3:00AM and I plan on brewing when I get home. I've brewed at this hour before and it's extremely relaxing and peaceful. I'll be updating this thread when I begin brewing in case anyone is interested.

Has anyone else brewed extremely early before?

My wife and i brewed until 3am last night. Midnight brewers unite! It just sucks when you run into a problem and cant hit the lhbs.

For me before 9am is extremely early.

I watch a little TV then go to bed when I work in the evening. When I work in the morning I am too beat to brew afterward. I only brew on my days off.

So, I get off of work at 3:00AM and I plan on brewing when I get home. I've brewed at this hour before and it's extremely relaxing and peaceful. I'll be updating this thread when I begin brewing in case anyone is interested.

Has anyone else brewed extremely early before?

Nice, it should be down to about 80 degrees by 3AM :)
I haven't done it but it does sound like a great time for it.

Nice, it should be down to about 80 degrees by 3AM :)
I haven't done it but it does sound like a great time for it.

Yeah, brewing mid day in the summer here isn't exactly an easy task. I have to make sure not to sweat in my beer when adding hops, irish moss, etc.

I just doughed in. I'm still getting the hang of AG, so my strike water had to cool down almost 10°. That took a little bit of time.

Here's one of my brew kettle boiling ATM. I'll be less of a noob next time. BTW, I just downloaded the hbt.com app, so now I have no excuse.

image-1507838959.jpg

Yeah, brewing mid day in the summer here isn't exactly an easy task. I have to make sure not to sweat in my beer when adding hops, irish moss, etc.

Nah, it just helps the claim that your beer was made with blood, sweat, and tears. :tank:

That being said, a brew day in TN starts at 8am if you want to survive the heat.

I finished with everything (pitching yeast, cleaning up, etc.) about 35 minutes ago. That's 1/2 an hour earlier than I expected. I hit my target mash temps and even ended up with an OG of 1.075. I'm beginning to get the hang of AG brewing and I've got to say (type) that I love it. Nothing against extract, but I like to know that I'm the one getting the sugars from the grain and not just adding sugar to my boiling water.

I usually start brewing between 7am and 9am.

The brewpub I work at we start at 5am, sometimes 2am.

There is something very relaxing brewing that early in the morning.

Relaxed in the morning. I'll get up, start the coffee, heat my brewing water and then do the "get up" routines. Mind you, brewing in slippers and PJs is great.

Back