Wlp051

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcooper44537

Reaction score
My LHBS just got in some liquid yeast and I picked up white labs WLP051 Cali V Ale yeast not really knowing much about it. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the yeast. Just wondering who has had good experiences with this yeast and has an awesome AG recipe for me to brew up this weekend!

Russ

good to hear I'll probably brew it up this weekend. It'll be nice to do a quick low gravity with this yeast so I can see what It's really about. What temperature did you ferment at ?

I fermented at 68F and didn't even need to cold crash. Yeast dropped and once they were done. :mug:

+1 for the WLP051. I use it a bunch and really like it. I use it in my Christmas ale, my amber ale, Irish ale and even in a IPA. I like to ferment it a tad cooler (62-64). I have had nothing but great results with it.

Great! Looks like I'll be drinking some blonde ale in a few weeks. That'll make my last three batches a blonde a pale and a blonde. I think I'll be using the slurry of this Cali V for something BIG.

I just used it on a big burton ale and after a week it tastes great. The yeast ripped right through it too. took it from 1.107 to 1.019

Back