Test Labels by Mindflux

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindflux

Reaction score
kkbc_donkey_punch_ale_copy.jpg

That's good to hear. I'm real big on the prevention of animal cruelty.

This is a beer forum so I won't preach on this anymore. The label disturbed me and I'm disturbed enough as it is.

yeah I'd never actually kick them. My dog is a little 9 lb chihuahua to give you an idea of what sort of dog person I am.

She's a little prissy dainty wuss... but she kicks mucho butt.

The whole context of the label doesn't bother me to much to be honest (think that cats are a bit of a waste of space really, but that's just me) but the name of the brewery is a bit of a tongue twister to be honest - doesn't flow so well off my tongue.
I'll bet that that dog of your's isn't a Greyhound Sudster, else you'd have 1 dog and no more cats :)

dang my post got lost.

i wanted to illustrate the donkey punch with a donkey taking a fist to the face. the true meaning would be far too offensive to illustrate ;)

Thing is, it's just a cartoon, people. Lighten up! It's not like he went out and filmed some horrible crime. Cartoons are the ultimate escapist art. I love it, and I have 4 cats & 24 fish.

What size will it be? You must have really big bottles with how wide it appears here. But then again it could just be scaled for computer viewing...

:drunk:

Primary: Pumkin Wheat Ale
Secondary: Token's Untempered Cider
Bottled/Conditioning: Honey Wheat Ale

Squirrel,
I don't have it sized properly for a bottle yet. I was thinking of puting some text vertically along the sides and sizing it so it wraps the bottle almost entirely .. know what I mean?

Ultimately this is just for fun though. I keg my stuff.... if I ever bottled something to send it off to a friend I might label it.

Oh yeah and for what it's worth when I have bottled the last gallon or so from a keg to free up a keg I've always used bombers.

kenmc said:
I'll bet that that dog of your's isn't a Greyhound Sudster, else you'd have 1 dog and no more cats :)

He's actual part Chow and tolerates the cat's only because the wife say's so. Any cats that aren't hers ..well..he thinks they taste like chicken.

Sudster said:
That's good to hear. I'm real big on the prevention of animal cruelty.

This is a beer forum so I won't preach on this anymore. The label disturbed me and I'm disturbed enough as it is.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I just can't understand the reasoning behind someone (organizations) caring more about what happens to food (PETA) than they do about people's rights. Sure, the argument is that they can't defend themselves...they're food that's why!!

People have been eating what we call "pets" (a domesticated wild animal) for thousands of years.

Chihuahua's were originally bred for food. Lewis and Clark had 40 dogs included in their food provisions - you didn't learn that in elementary school did you? Many orientals (as well as other humans around the world) still eat cats and dogs as well as rats, snakes, large spiders, grubs, ants, etc., in additional to beef, chicken and pork. (Horse polo was invented by the Mongols who originated the game where the "ball" was actually the heads of the people they conquered. (Just another "gross" fact if you can stomache the truth.) Korean's still know which weeds are good to eat that they find along the roads. Do you have these survival skills? Unfortunately, I doubt it.

Face it. We are finally on top of the food chain since we (collectively) no longer live in the forests and jungles where we would have to fight off the lions, tigers and bears (OH, MY!!) and placed these creatures in jail (zoo's).
Placed back into the "wild" we would have to compete for food and water, including all the big and little creatures.

What's the big deal? Put into a famine situation (which may or may not happen in your lifetime) would you eat a pet or let your child die from malnutrition? I'm fairly certain what your answer would be.

And remember, the real benefit about eating a dog for Thanksgiving is that there are 4 legs (instead of 2) to go around. :D

As far as the label is concerned...it's funny! Have we oversensitized ourselves so much that one CARTOON character kicking another CARTOON character in the butt causes CONGRESS to get involved? Grow up America!!

I will concede that if the picture was of a REAL person committing the same act against a REAL cat then the humor would not be there and it would probably be offensive to many people.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Well, I love animals, but laughed like hell when I saw the label. I liked it. Besides, Hello Kitty needs a reality check!!!

LOL

homebrewer_99 said:
What's the big deal? Put into a famine situation (which may or may not happen in your lifetime) would you eat a pet or let your child die from malnutrition? I'm fairly certain what your answer would be.

I don't have a child but do they taste like chicken. If put into a starvation situation I may have to eat yours or theirs. They have four limbs don't they?

Gimme a HB99 jr. meal ..and no supersize..

homebrewer_99 said:
As far as the label is concerned...it's funny! Have we oversensitized ourselves so much that one CARTOON character kicking another CARTOON character in the butt causes CONGRESS to get involved? Grow up America!!

It's not funny if you don't read cartoons. Grow up America... Read more
BYO's.:D

homebrewer_99 said:
I will concede that if the picture was of a REAL person committing the same act against a REAL cat then the humor would not be there and it would probably be offensive to many people.

Your REAL could be different than my real. Isn't a picture a thought X 1000
regardless of who's REAL it is. How about a cartoon label of a pediphile and a nine year old. It wouldn't be real but would it be funny?

I agree ...Art IS subjective.

homebrewer_99 said:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I just can't understand the reasoning behind someone (organizations) caring more about what happens to food (PETA) than they do about people's rights. Sure, the argument is that they can't defend themselves...they're food that's why!!

People have been eating what we call "pets" (a domesticated wild animal) for thousands of years.

Chihuahua's were originally bred for food. Lewis and Clark had 40 dogs included in their food provisions - you didn't learn that in elementary school did you? Many orientals (as well as other humans around the world) still eat cats and dogs as well as rats, snakes, large spiders, grubs, ants, etc., in additional to beef, chicken and pork. (Horse polo was invented by the Mongols who originated the game where the "ball" was actually the heads of the people they conquered. (Just another "gross" fact if you can stomache the truth.) Korean's still know which weeds are good to eat that they find along the roads. Do you have these survival skills? Unfortunately, I doubt it.

Face it. We are finally on top of the food chain since we (collectively) no longer live in the forests and jungles where we would have to fight off the lions, tigers and bears (OH, MY!!) and placed these creatures in jail (zoo's).
Placed back into the "wild" we would have to compete for food and water, including all the big and little creatures.

And remember, the real benefit about eating a dog for Thanksgiving is that there are 4 legs (instead of 2) to go around. :D

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
I have to agree with everything homebrewer_99 has said here. Another little known fact : PETA actually stands for People Eating Tasty Animals.

But Seriously for a bit. Next year I am going on a round the world trip. I will be tasting as much of the wierd and wonderful foods that are on offer throughout Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, China, Japan. Whenever I see something unusual on the menu, I *have* to try it. Just because it is not eaten in our culture in the west does not mean that it cannot nor shouldnot be eaten. I have heard that ants taste like popcorn when fried. And they are full of protein as well, and no fat. Win-win!
My girlfriend on the other hand, has a severe issue with all these wierd and wonderful foods, and is likely to become a quasi-vegetarian. So much so that she has asked me to promise not to eat dog :(. I agreed, but crossed my fingers :)
In these countries, dogs are BRED for eating, like we do cows. In India, however, cows are sacred and are NEVER eaten. So to Indians, our eating of a cow is a sin. Yet we look on their eating a "pet" such as a dog or a cat, as gross. Horses for courses folks.

I always ask of a vegeterian, and have never received a satisfactory reply, the following question. "If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"
Could you imagine what would happen if we did not eat animals? The food chain would turn around, and they would surely have no hesitation in eating us - happens in limited quantities in the ocean (Sharks vs Humans) and in the Jungle (Big Cats vs Humans). We're meat too, at the end of the day. We're all essentially food of one form or the other. We just don't eat each other. Much. Yet.

kenmc said:
I have to agree with everything homebrewer_99 has said here. Another little known fact : PETA actually stands for People Eating Tasty Animals. We're meat too, at the end of the day. We're all essentially food of one form or the other. We just don't eat each other. Much. Yet.

Amen brother!

Now let's lighten this thread up and see some more funny labels again! :D

I do have a probelm with kicking kittens, any if anyone wants to help me get over it feel free to step on up and we can discuss it . . .

The problem is hw do ya sneek up on the little buggers, every time I try it they hear me and run :D

Pumbaa said:
I do have a probelm with kicking kittens, any if anyone wants to help me get over it feel free to step on up and we can discuss it . . .

The problem is hw do ya sneek up on the little buggers, every time I try it they hear me and run :D

Yah, you have to befriend them and be nice to them for a long time first and its just too long a process... Just get a paint ball gun with clear liquid paint balls for easy shooting in the house. You'll get em every time.

Back