Got a logo - now what?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcJWaters

Reaction score
So, I made a logo, but I am unsure how to actually affix them to bottles. Is there a special paper I use or an adhesive? Any insight would be appreciated.

yep. Like the 2% in your fridge. Brush is on the back of your label and slap it on. When it dries on the bottle it acts like glue. And it's easy to take off. If you use inkjet, it may bleed the ink a little. So make sure your labels are dry first.

I use milk labels all the time and they're great. First print your label, a master copy, on your inkjet printer. Then take it to Kinkos and copy it via their color laserjet copier (inkjet print outs bleed real bad). Then cut to size, and apply regular low fat milk to the back with a basting brush or something. The labels will instantly adhere to the bottle, and within a few minutes the proteins from the milk will create a very good adhesive.

They don't hold up in ice though, or any liquid that comes into contact for more than a few seconds. Regular moisture from your fridge is fine though.

To remove, just hold the bottle under your tap for a few seconds and rub the label off. It comes off very easy.

i learned the milk trick on this forum and have to say, I love it.
only difference is I brush the bottle and stick the label, then use a papertowel to wipe off the excess. that gets the edges down better for me and my inkjet graphic doesn't run. i really miss my old laser printer now.

I use milk labels all the time and they're great. First print your label, a master copy, on your inkjet printer. Then take it to Kinkos and copy it via their color laserjet copier (inkjet print outs bleed real bad). Then cut to size, and apply regular low fat milk to the back with a basting brush or something. The labels will instantly adhere to the bottle, and within a few minutes the proteins from the milk will create a very good adhesive.

They don't hold up in ice though, or any liquid that comes into contact for more than a few seconds. Regular moisture from your fridge is fine though.

To remove, just hold the bottle under your tap for a few seconds and rub the label off. It comes off very easy.

You could also take a CD or flash drive with the label on it (assuming it was done on the computer) and they can print it from the computer. Probably better quality.

Ill have to give the Milk thing a go, Ive never heard of that. Revvy gave me a great idea a few weeks ago, when I read one of his posts. He created a word template for bottle hangers. A little hanging label that slips over the bottle neck. Wish I could find that post ........

Back