Kegs - Chilling then Removing to Room Temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltoftheearth

Reaction score
I have two situations in which I need to put kegs in a cool freezer and then remove them to a warm room. Don't know if this will have any consequences.

Situation A: My freezer fits three kegs and currently HAS three kegs. I will be kegging two more ales this weekend and want to put them on gas to get them carbed up and ready for visitors in two weeks. That means I have to remove two kegs that are already carbed and on gas in order to make room for the teo new ones. I will have to leave them on gas at room temperature while the 2 new beers carb. Will this be a problem for the beers already cooled and carbed to be at room temp?

Situation B: Similarly, I want to brew two lagers and chill them (probably not on CO2 to carb) but I won't know when I'll be able to serve them (the guests will visit later this year, date unknown.) So I will have to remove them from the freezer to make way for other fermenting beer. Is it a problem to chill and then leave at room temp?

Any advice would be much appreciated.:)

I have taken many chilled kegs and then let them sit at room temp with no problems. I would recommend trying to keep the warmed kegs at a stable room temp I one or two kegs go bad that I had in my garage because of the huge temperature swings at temps up in the 90's.

Back