Drilling holes in the top of Vissani Kegerator ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicawal

Reaction score
So I bought a double tap tower that I want to attach to my Vissani kegerator. I was just wondering if anybody has just drilled new holes and mounted it, or something else. Thanks for any help in advance.

The top of my Vassini Kegerator is just plastic and foam. The coils are on the sides, I can feel the heat.

I had no problems drilling the top and adding a three tap tower.

:mug:

The top of my Vassini Kegerator is just plastic and foam. The coils are on the sides, I can feel the heat.

I had no problems drilling the top and adding a three tap tower.

:mug:

Be careful, if you have coils on both sides they are conneted across somewhere and the most likely "somewhere" is across the top.

I just got the same kegerator for cheap and looking to do the same. I called vissani (magic chef) and they said they do not have the specs on whether or not there are lines running along the top. The "kegerator guy" said he does not believe so but that is anyones guess. Has anyone else had success doing this. Can the plastic top be removed to check with the corn starch and vodka trick?

I read the article and he did not do the conversion. It was a existing kegerator and he did a 1 tap to 2 tap tower swap.

Does this model kave a black coil on the back? If it does then there are no lines running across the top. If it does not then there is a line running across somewhere and the corn starch and vodka trick will work after removing the top.

This thread is talking about converting a new tower onto the the vassini kegerator which has a tower that locks into position (no screwing). That is the 1 tap tower he is replacing. The 2 tap that he put on was from micromatic and screws on with 4 holes. He says this "As long as you drill the pilot holes for the screws" which means he is drilling fresh holes to install and aftermarket tower.

The top is foam filled plastic. I don't think there are any lines there. Not around the hole, anyway.

I'm going to be in my kegerator to fill a 3 gallon keg later today, I'll try to remember to take some pics.

image-2225049301.jpg

I successfully converted mine from a single tap to a double tap. All I had to do was drill 4 holes. As far as I know the fridge and kegerator they sell ate exactly the same fridge unit except the kegerator is per drilled and comes with the other accessories so the lines should be the same.

Back