Starting Homebrew Club in NW Suburbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BertusBrew

Reaction score
Hey all! I have been contemplating joining a homebrew club for a while now, but I have decided to see if there is enough interest out there to start one up. I live in Roselle, which is a Northwest suburb of Chicago. I am throwing this out there as a feeler to see if enough people are interested to make this worthwhile.
My idea is to meet once a month to swap brews, recipes, tips and critiques. After meeting a few times we can decide what other directions we want to take the club.
If anybody is interested in this, please respond to this message or email me at [email protected]

Hey! A buddy and I started a homebrewer co-op in Park Ridge, IL.
Here is a link to the page. Check it out!
527974_331933380197700_331900183534353_919946_230039258_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/PRIZEHomebrewers

I'm in Carol Stream and interested.

I'm checking out the Urban Knaves of Grain this Wednesday at their club meeting at the Rock Bottom in Warrenville.

Ok, the first meeting will take place at Bigby's Pour House in Addison next Tuesday April 10th at 7:00pm. Anybody is welcome to come by and check it out. I would imagine that it will be pretty informal since it will be the first meeting and all. If you have bottles of homebrew that you would like to share please bring them. I don't we will be able to try them at the meeting but you can exchange them with other members. If you have any questions reply to this message or email me at [email protected]

Had a blast the other night. Can't wait for the next meeting! With any luck, my first batch of pecan brown won't have killed me by then!

Yeah.... um.... it wasn't horrible. In fact, it may be better than my second and third batches. Im pretty sure I screwed those up too. (even worse)

I'll bring a few bottles to the next meeting and we'll all have a good laugh at my brewing ignorance.

I just wanted to put it out there again that we will be having a homebrew club meeting this coming Tuesday (June 12th) at Bigby's Pour House in Addison starting at 7:00. Anybody is welcome to come. They allow us to bring in our home brewed beer to sample so please feel free to bring in some of your latest brews. Any questions please email me at [email protected]. Hope to see some new faces there again! Cheers!

Great get together tonight. I'm serious about a brew day. I'll offer up my house for a day in September for a club brew/bbq day. Bring the kids, family, your beers, and let's brew a batch together. We'll relax, and have a home brew.

Dang it!! I just saw this thread and would have stopped by last night.

I live in Schaumburg and have been looking for something like this, to meet other brewers in the area.

When are you planning your next meeting?

Steve

We meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 at Bigby's Pour House in Addison. So that would make our next meeting July 10. Hope to see you there. Any questions either respond to this or email me at [email protected]

Just found this thread. My wife and I are homebrewers and live in Hanover Park. We love Bigby's and will definitely make an effort to make the next meeting. I guess that will be the 14th of August?

By the way, is there and name for this club?

When is your next meeting? Roselle is a little ways from here (Wheeling), but I've be interested in joining up some time. Brewing by myself (like I am now) is not nearly as fun.

Our next meeting is September 11, 7:00pm at Bigby's Pour House in Addison. The meetings will always be on the second Tuesday of each month, 7:00pm at Bigby's. Hope to see you there!!!

Bigby's Pour House
1700 West Lake Street Addison, IL, IL 60101

Ill be in for the next one in Nov if I remember by then. I live in Carol Stream and brew in Roselle. Bertus, are you originally from Roselle? Thats where I grew up, we brew at my buddies right off Central and West End.

Hope to see you there! ktraver, I grew up in bloomingdale and went to lake park. Your name isn't Kevin is it? If so, did you play soccer?

ktraver97ss said:
Ill be in for the next one in Nov if I remember by then. I live in Carol Stream and brew in Roselle. Bertus, are you originally from Roselle? Thats where I grew up, we brew at my buddies right off Central and West End.

I'm in Carol Stream as well. Looking forward to meeting you at the next meeting. Great to see the club growing. Bigby will have to expand soon to fit us in.

sounds like great time.. just moved to carol stream last month.. excited to upscale my brewing now. was in condo in palatine. just ordered my kegs. to bad i work till 9pm :(

sounds like great time.. just moved to carol stream last month.. excited to upscale my brewing now. was in condo in palatine. just ordered my kegs. to bad i work till 9pm :(

If you swing by after work we will most likely still be there.

Back