Friendly reminder on trellis top wire fasteners.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you actually used them? Do you have a diagram of how you made is work in your system? I considered them a while back but don't recall why I decided to do something else...

There is a section picture in the link.

You drill a hole, slide in the vise, and secure with screws. pass the wire through the back side and pull tight. as the wire retracts the teeth bite into the wire and secure it.

works like those chinese finger traps. the harder you pull the tighter the grip.

how easy is it to loosen those if you need to adjust the posts or they settle?

I think that's why I went with the adjustable tension via turnbuckles. I wanted to be able to adjust the posts and the tension of the wire...

Ahhh. You would have to cut the wire or just loosen the other end and pull it through.

On my system I have an eyebolt on one end of the wire (looped back and cable clamped) and the wirevise on the other. tension is pulled against a central post.

I see. Yeah, since this trellis was my first go at it I was looking for maximum adjustability to account for the unforeseen!

I would probably consider that in a potential future version of a trellis, although if my wife ever sees the patio-design Boerderij_Kabouter posted I might be building one sooner rather than later.

Back