never put beer in mini keg before

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p0nyb0y20

Reaction score
I am new to homebrewing so don't kill me for asking something that has most likely been asked berore

I am have been bottling my brew before but I am trying to keg it for the first time in a mini keg. I understand Thant I have to use a smaller amount of priming sugar. My question is how much do I put in the keg and how much do i leave for air. I know with bottles you fill it and when you remove the filling tube it leaves the correct air space. If there is a link Thanks for pointing me int he correct location.

Thanks and keep on Truckin:mug:

So I taped my first mini keg at a family event( The only way to get thru it was to drink) and I used a Co2 tap to impress and not the gravity tap that is built into the keg. The beer was great but had lots and lots of head. I know i did soething wrong. I head to keep waiting to serve it and let the ked subside. Do I have to add CO2 hours prior to drinking or as some gets used add a little CO2. The tap I used was the party starter delexe CO2 kit
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/party-star-deluxe-co2-tapper.html

I am still learning and have nobody to ask, since I am the only person I know how likes to brew.

Thanks my beer baron brothers!!!

Back