Game of Thrones Beer: Has to be something better than a blonde ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inhousebrew

Reaction score
So I'm looking back at this Ommegang release again

http://beerpulse.com/2012/12/ommega...ttle-formally-announces-game-of-thrones-deal/

and thinking to myself that this is pretty awesome but there has to be a better way to honor such an awesomely violent show with something better than a blonde ale to mimic the Lannister's blonde hair.

Anyone got any better ideas? I know there are fans on here based off of the other GoT threads so whose got a good idea?

I'm assuming they mean a Belgian Blonde. I'd be quite flattered if someone brewed one of those in my honor.

I would think a Winter "is coming" Lager would be a better beer. Or perhaps a dragon's breath something.

I saw a cookbook a while back based on the book and it had a few beer recipes in it. One for the lanisters, starks and the targaryens if I remember correctly.

In honor of the Lannister's Hair color?

They should have chosen something else, like maybe an "IncestuALE".

I almost lost my coffee when I read that this morning. But how would you pull off an incestuAle? Maybe just a bunch of hops from the same family?

If I was Chaucers I would be in negotiations with HBO to be the offical mead of the show.

That would be the way to go. A while back after season two had ended and a I had finished the final book a buddy and I nerded out all night and talked about the books and what's to come and what we're excited about for the show while drinking some mulled mead. Man, that stuff gets to you quick...

On Monday, I rode from Lacey to 99 Bottles on Federal Way since they were hyping this beer. When I got there and asked for it, I got a condescending, "NO, we've been sold out for a while." But he said that he believes that this was just one of a few more that will be coming out later. Beers with different themes, based on different Ice and Fire books or families.

Later I went to BevMo in Tacoma and bought 2 bottles without issue.

Back