Commercial beer carbonation list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will probably be a tall order and hard to find. However, I've had great luck with simply emailing the brewery (brew master if possible). 9 times out of ten I've gotten a cheerful response. FYI, most breweries use a higher CO2 volume in their bottles than on draft.

Hammy71 said:
That will probably be a tall order and hard to find. However, I've had great luck with simply emailing the brewery (brew master if possible). 9 times out of ten I've gotten a cheerful response. FYI, most breweries use a higher CO2 volume in their bottles than on draft.

That's what I seem to be encountering. My cloned keg beers don't seem to be as carbonated as their commercial bottled counterparts. Wanted to get an actual CO2 volume from the commercial version (Stone Ruination) for comparison.

FYI I have a keg of Ommegang BPA and e-mailed their packaging manager to ask how many volumes they keg at. He said almost all their kegs are filled at 2.73 vol. Maybe this will be useful to someone at some point!

Latest posts

Back