30A GFCI power cord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just place order. THANKS! this will let me put an outlet inside and brew in the kitchen or in the backyard for way cheaper than a square d gfi breaker

Wish I was home to check my dryer outlet. It's less than 17ft from where I plan to brew. Not sure if it's 3 or 4 wire though. Not such a great deal if I have to rerun wire from the breaker in the garage :drunk:

Switching the outlet is really easy. Screw drying clothes, make beer!

You can change your dryer cord easily too to make them match.

Not sure about that. Mine had four with a three hole outlet. The ground and neutral were wired together. I changed the outlet for my dryer and wired it correctly. Not sure if the ground neutral together is kosher or not.

how long did it take all of you for the charge to go through and did anybody get confirmation email? i ordered last night and im just trying to make sure it went through

It took a while... No confirmation email until I emailed them. Then they confirmed. It was probably two weeks from order to delivery. But worth the wait.

Ordered one this evening, yeah I'll have to pay shipping and tax being in Ohio. Still much better price then can find online.

THANKS

I got mine yesterday. Holy crap this thing is huge. I mean, I know what 10/4 wire looks like, but the GFCI is about 8"x4".

Agreed, I thought it would be smaller as well. Going to put a male twist lock on the end to make the cable removable.

I ordered mine on 23rd, charge was made on the 26th. I got mine on the 29th however I am also located in Ohio.

Mine came in about a week later. I bought it on a friday though... and they were short staffed because of a cold going around. Really nice people to deal with though.

What quick lock are you going to go with?

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. It took less than a week from order to door step. It's a beast of a cord - great deal.

IrregularPulse said:
Checked my dryer outlet. Only a 3 wire feed :(

IMO, the GFCI will still work with a 3 wire feed IF and only IF your neutral is bonded to ground in the breaker box. I know this because I tried it on my 3 wire feed and it tripped while I was draining my kettle into my sink. I live in an apartment and it seems there is enough current in the water pipes to trip the GFCI!!! This was after I had grabbed the faucet and the kettle at the same time and felt a little jolt!! No bueno!

I finally ordered mine, and it took about 8 days to arrive. Two of those days were weekend days. It is a massive beast of a cord and I am very pleased I got it for that price.

IMO, the GFCI will still work with a 3 wire feed IF and only IF your neutral is bonded to ground in the breaker box. I know this because I tried it on my 3 wire feed and it tripped while I was draining my kettle into my sink. I live in an apartment and it seems there is enough current in the water pipes to trip the GFCI!!! This was after I had grabbed the faucet and the kettle at the same time and felt a little jolt!! No bueno!

I can confirm it works like this. Just moved houses, only have a 3wire outlet with no ground run through the wall.. If the neutral is tied to the ground in the panel, you can tie the neutral to the ground before the GFCI, and it works. Word of warning, you can't use the neutral as a return, so you can't hook up anything within your box to use 120v. It all has to be 240.

It's not ideal, nor to code, but ya...

Yeah, pretty sure they're sold out...buddy tried to buy one a month or so ago, ended up having to get GFCI breaker

I have one. Think I am moving to a gfci breaker when I rebuild next month. It will be up for sale then.

I just spoke the owner of hosfelt's today. He said that there are 14 of the 30A cords left. Better hurry, they are going fast. Cheers:drunk:

Give them a call or email. They have not been listed for a while. He said that he found 14 more in his warehouse. I was at his store on 2/19/13.

On the phone now! Score!!!!!!!!!!

The nice lady who helped me place my order said they are re-adding them to their website this afternoon. I decided to continue my order on the phone so that I could lock one in!

So pumped!

I did the same thing movet. I

appreciate the heads up squid, I have been looking high and low for these.

Back