Bottle aging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterOJ

Reaction score
OK, so I brewed an ESB a few weeks ago and it has been in the bottle for about 2.5 weeks. I put one in the fridge yesterday and tried it after it was cold. It was pretty good. Not my favorite, but then that's not my favorite style - I mostly did it because my wife and best friend really like that style.

So, after drinking the tester, I put a few others in the fridge for future consumption.

Now I'm thinking the beer could probably do with a bit more aging. I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect it's true. The ones that I have in the fridge now... if I take them out, will they continue to bottle age properly if I take them out and let them go back to sitting in the closet at about 70 degrees? Or should I just leave them and not worry about it since they are definitely drinkable?

If you take 'em out, they'll continue to condition and carb once they warm up. I've noticed that english pales and bitters tend to be best after a month or so of conditioning. I recently had an English IPA that carbed in a few weeks, but really didn't turn the corner and taste great for a couple months.

They're just drinkable now, but I bet they'll be awesome in another 2.5-3 weeks.

Let em condition! I just made a ESB and added some Special B to it. At first hated it but later I was amazed at how much it changed it 3 weeks.

Back