Welding done for trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welderbydaybrewerbynight

Reaction score
I am a welder specializing in stainless steel and work in food grade facilities i.e. ice cream plants, Dannon, Whip cream plants, pharmaceutical industry, and etc. and have 11 different welding certifications and am a CWI. I do a lot of dairy tube work but can weld anything from copper to high strength steel and also am a welding teacher at the local union hall. I have been welding my whole adult life and have access to a very large shop.

I would be willing to trade my skills for certain items, I’m looking for half barrel kegs, carboys, 5gal ball locks and plate chillers and would consider any job, or trade brought to my attention. I’m in the northern Indiana area.

As an example of what I can do look at my thread MY conical beer fermentor in the diy area.

I've got strong white teeth -
bh8g.jpg

I stayed at a Holiday Inn once. :mug:

lol Wasn't trying to sound arrogant or brag on my self, just wanted to let people know I wasn't some joe jack with a hf 110 welder in his garage and now he thinks he is a welder. I see a lot of posts for people looking for a welder to weld up there brew stands and such and thought I could help. There are a lot of people here a lot smarter than me thats for sure all I know how to do is make metal stick together, the guys that build, program and wire there own brewery control panels here are the ones that impress me.

Still that was pretty dam funny when I read it.

lol Wasn't trying to sound arrogant or brag on my self, just wanted to let people know I wasn't some joe jack with a hf 110 welder in his garage and now he thinks he is a welder. I see a lot of posts for people looking for a welder to weld up there brew stands and such and thought I could help. There are a lot of people here a lot smarter than me thats for sure all I know how to do is make metal stick together, the guys that build, program and wire there own brewery control panels here are the ones that impress me.

Still that was pretty dam funny when I read it.

I was just messing with you. I know it's tough to find that fine line between assumed incompetence and oversold resume.

Welder: I don't really have anything to barter with, as I use all of my brewing equipment and I am in the medical profession. However, what would you charge to weld.....say ten 1/2" SS bulkheads into 3 SS Sanke Kegs? I live in SE Michigan and my parents live right on the Michigan, Ohio, & Indiana borders. I go down to visit them periodically and it's not terribly far from where you are at. I may be willing to make the journey if you can guarantee nice sanitary welds for a reasonable price......what say you?

Bobby: I know I just sent you an email with questions at brewhardware.com, but I have another question. Would purchasing your welded bulkheads be better than your weldless in the grand scheme of things? I know there is a lot of debate about welded vs weldless and you sell both.....just wondering what you would do. Thanks man! :mug:

Back