So I just found a case of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29674

Reaction score
in my closet. I was storing 2 cases of my Chocolate Stout that I just bottled for carbonation and discovered a case of beer. I didn't label the bottles so it must have been one of my first batches. Threw a couple in the fridge and we'll play Guess That Beer later.

I am drinking a bottle of mead that I found in what I thought were boxes of empty bottles. It seems to be a ginger mead with fruit (cherries?) from three years ago. It still tastes great.

Sometimes those found-again bottles are treasures! More than once I have found a long-forgotten bottle (or few) of something that tasted WAY better after aging for a number of months than when it was young. Even just the nostalgia should make it a fun sampling! :D

It was a Blue Moon clone I brewed a year ago, my second batch ever. It tasted nothing like Blue Moon, very little body, no orange coriander or yeast flavor. Tastes very much like Hoegaarden - which I hate. Bummer.

I made a barley wine that I stashed 5 bottles and forgot about. I found them about a year and a half later. Boy I wish I had the discipline to put a couple of 6ers a side for a year more often. That was some goooood barley wine.

This sounds like it belongs in the "You Know You're a Brewer if......" thread.

You know you're a brewer if..................................you brew so much beer that you lose a case and don't even realize it until you find it in your closet years later and still try to drink it because you know that beer only gets better with age.;)

I did this a couple of months ago. Found 3 bottles of my first dunkelweizen, put them in 500 mL flip tops because I apparently ran out of bombers at the time. One didn't hold it's CO2 and was flat and gross, but the other two were damn tasty :)

Cleaning out a basement room long in need of cleaning last month I came upon two cases of dusty bottles some of which still had caps on and low and behold, held what appears to be beer. About a 12-pack of two different beers. Judging from the caps on them I think they are from around 1993 or 1994 when I first moved into the house and got back into home brewing. I still don't have the guts to try either one. :tank:

Cleaning out a basement room long in need of cleaning last month I came upon two cases of dusty bottles some of which still had caps on and low and behold, held what appears to be beer. About a 12-pack of two different beers. Judging from the caps on them I think they are from around 1993 or 1994 when I first moved into the house and got back into home brewing. I still don't have the guts to try either one. :tank:

Dooo it! Doooo it! Dooo it! :D

Shoot, I've been trying to throw out a brown ale I brewed 2 1/2 years ago 'cuz it got infected. Every time I open a bottle to start the dumping process, I end up drinking it. Time really does heal a lot of wounds! Fifteen year old beer could be "interesting." Doooo it!

Actually, I can't think of a beer I'd rather have on a hot summer day than an ice-cold Hoegaarden. It's probably more to do with all the good memories we've shared.

Latest posts

Back