Is this a good starter kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonarnold

Reaction score
This site is amazing, I have been lurking for quite some time and learning a lot, I am finally going to become a true beginner brewer.
My wife gave me the OK to order a kit for my Birthday:rockin:.
I want to start with a good kit that will allow me to start out with extract to get the hang of it and move up to all grain.
My research has lead me to this kit MoreBeer | Bottling Super Deluxe Starter System.
I also plan to get a turkey fryer setup, either at walmart or on craigs list.
I already have a cooler that can be easily converted to a mash tun when I make the inevitable transition to All grain.
My questions are:
a) Is this a good starter kit?
b) Can anyone think of something I'm missing.
Thanks to all in advance.
Jason.

Thats a good kit. Very well rounded. Very nice for someone just staring out. I had to piece a lot of that stuff together when I started.

Make sure you get a fryer that has a good sturdy base, especially if you're going to do full boils.

Man that is an awesome starter kit. Definitely deluxe. I wouldn't even try a full boil batch before you get the turkey fryer though. Thats a pretty good birthday present, I wouldn't expect much for Christmas.;)

Back